Teacher of English
St Monica's RC High School, Manchester, Lancashire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Subjects||English Language, English Literature|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
TEACHER OF ENGLISH
Required for 1st September 2020
Salary: Main Scale - Upper Pay Spine
The Executive Board of St Monica’s RC High School is seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Teacher of English who has a flair for working with young people. This post is permanent and would be suitable for those teachers new to the profession or for more experienced teachers.
This 11-16 Catholic school is located in the area to the north of Manchester. After a period of challenge, the Executive Board and the recently appointed Headteacher remain committed to continuing the rapid improvement which is now taking place. The school is scheduled to join the St Teresa of Calcutta Catholic Multi Academy Trust in the near future.
The successful applicant will be offered the opportunity to:
• teach keen, committed students who are positive and active learners in a school that has a strong catholic ethos.
• benefit from professional development that will include support via St Patrick’s Teaching School Alliance and System Leaders;
• be part of a school that remains popular with parents and the local community;
• work with supportive and focused Senior Leaders committed to the development of talented staff into the Middle and Senior Leaders of tomorrow;
We therefore seek an applicant who:
• is an exceptional practitioner with strong subject knowledge and experience of raising achievement across the age and ability range;
• is highly motivated by a belief that the life chances of all young people can be improved;
• is a well-qualified, industrious and talented team player who believes in lifelong learning and can help pupils develop the skills and attitudes they will need in their future lives;
• possesses the talent, interpersonal skills and range of pedagogical approaches necessary to contribute to the overall success of the staff and team;
• can demonstrate a strong track record of positive impact to date;
• is mentally tough and embraces challenges.
Visits to St Monica’s prior to submitting an application are recommended and can be arranged by contacting Mrs H Collier, Headteacher’s PA, telephone 0161 773 6436 or email email@example.com.
St Monica’s RC High School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The school operates a Safer Recruitment policy. The successful applicant will be subject to appropriate child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: Friday, 27 March 2020 at 12:00 pm
Interviews to take place: Wednesday, 1 April 2020
Further details and CES application forms are available to download from the school website https://www.stmonicas.co.uk/the-school/job-vacancies/. Electronic submissions should be addressed for the attention of the Chair of the IEB via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential educational requirements
Graduate Degree and QTS
Good English Honours Degree
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
An expertise in the subject of English.
Understanding of strategies for raising student attainment.
Evidence of exam success (excluding NQT).
Thorough understanding of KS and KS4 curriculums.
Knowledge and application of a range of teaching and learning strategies.
Good disciplinary standards.
The ability to inspire and motivate pupils.
High level of inter-personal skills.
Ability to communicate effectively with staff, pupils, parents and support services.
Ability to work in a team.
Good imaginative use of resources, including new technologies.
Sound understanding of the distinctive nature of a Catholic school.
Understanding of the role of Form Tutor as an agent for school improvement.
Knowledge and experience of pastoral care systems.
Knowledge and experience of disciplinary procedures.
General knowledge of current educational issues.
|School type||LA Maintained School, Roman Catholic|
|School size||1124 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||St Monica's RC High School website (opens in a new window)|
Bury Old Road, Manchester, Lancashire, M25 1JH