|Job role||Teacher, Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£24,373 - £40,490|
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated and inspirational Teacher of English to join a committed and successful department. This post is suitable for either an experienced teacher or an NQT seeking to start their career in a caring and supportive team with expertise in training and development.
We highly value our staff and expect teaching staff to exercise their professional judgement in how they teach. We are dedicated to professional learning and you will be supported to develop into a highly competent teacher with a deep understanding of effective teaching strategies. To get a sense of what it’s like to be part of our team, please see the ‘Working for Us’ section on our website for genuine quotes from our staff.
The successful candidate will:
• be an excellent or potentially excellent teacher of English;
• be passionate about English and engaging students in the subject.
• have a passion for learning and teaching and be committed to continuous learning and professional development.
• be forward thinking and keen to develop as a practitioner;
• have fantastic subject knowledge and be passionate about helping all students to appreciate English and achieve excellent standards in the subject.
In return we:
• offer professional development and expertise to enable staff to achieve excellence;
• provide a highly supportive environment with opportunities to develop as an education practitioner;
• provide a highly professional and collaborative working environment focused on developing a love of learning;
• offer first rate personal career development to assist you in the fulfilment of your ambitions;
• facilitate a culture of research, development and personal reflection to ensure that everyone can reach the high standards expected;
• provide excellent support for NQTs with well trained and experienced professional tutors and mentors.
Applying for the job
Application forms and further details are available from the school website www.testbourne.school or alternatively contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to interview and appoint candidates before the closing date or scheduled interviews where applicable.
Testbourne Community School is an equal opportunities employer and no candidate will be disadvantaged because of race, gender, sexuality, disability or any other protected characteristic. All shortlisting exercises are completed by evaluating a candidate’s suitability in terms of the person specification and job description for the role in question.
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||893 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Testbourne Community School website (opens in a new window)|
About Testbourne Community School
Testbourne Community School, an 11-16 comprehensive school with an extremely able cohort, is an Outstanding School (Ofsted 2010) which provides a forward thinking, outward looking and vibrant learning environment. We pride ourselves on the strength of staff and student relationships and we have a strong community at the heart of our ethos. Our shared philosophy is embodied by our strapline ‘Achievement, Excellence, Integrity.’
Arranging a visit to Testbourne Community School
Please contact email@example.com or phone on 01256 890216 if you would like to discuss this role.
Micheldever Road, Whitchurch, Hampshire, RG28 7JF