Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Required from September 2021, we are seeking to appoint a passionate, ambitious and enthusiastic Teacher of English to join our successful and creative English Department. We welcome applications from teachers at any stage of their careers, including NQTs, who would bring fresh ideas and demonstrate excellent subject knowledge.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly talented NQT or experienced teacher, who wishes to make a real impact in this “truly exceptional school” where “behaviour is outstanding” (Ofsted).
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• A well qualified teacher with the ability to stretch and challenge all students across the Key Stages, whilst delivering a strong curriculum
• A passionate English practitioner able to consistently motivate and inspire students
• A strong team player with a clear understanding of current and future curriculum developments
• A committed teacher with high standards of professional conduct and expectations of students
WE CAN OFFER YOU:
• Full support from a successful and supportive department
• A fantastic NQT mentoring programme
• A first class Behaviour for Learning system
• Excellent teaching resources
• Career development and progression
• Employee benefits, including an Employee Assistance Scheme and Cycle to Work Scheme
Applying for the job
• Please do not use the TES or Gloucestershire County Council application form. Please use The Cotswold School Application Form which can be downloaded via our website
• Please complete the application form in full to ensure that full consideration can be given to all candidates and to comply with legal requirements relating to recruitment in schools
• Please do not include a CV or write ‘see CV’ in any sections on the form
• Please ensure that you include the title of the post that you are applying for (Section 1)
• Please provide an explanation for any gaps in chronological dates relating to education and employment history (Sections 4,5 & 6)
• If you are not writing a covering letter to submit with your application, then please complete Section 10, in full
• Please provide full details of two referees (Section 11)
• Both declarations (Sections 15 & 16) must be signed and dated
• Once completed, please return your application form by email to Mrs H Price, Personnel manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
• If returning by post, please send to Mrs H Price, Personnel Manager, The Cotswold School, The Avenue, Bourton on the Water, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire GL54 2BD
• The closing date and time must be strictly adhered to
• All information given will be treated as confidential
The Cotswold School is committed to being an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. If you require additional help with our recruitment process, please contact Mrs H Price, Personnel Manager (contact details above).
More on how to apply
1408 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About The Cotswold Academy
The Cotswold School based in Bourton-on-the-Water, Gloucestershire, is an outstanding, caring secondary comprehensive school. a highly popular, happy and successful 11-18 Academy school set beautiful, rural surroundings between Cheltenham Oxford. At the incredible group of staff who do go that extra mile to provide our pupils with outstanding education. Our values friendship knowledge underpin all activities across broad spectrum subjects extra-curriculum offerings. has earned superb reputation, locally nationally, consistently appearing among top state schools at both GCSE A Level for many years. Here overview: Inclusive knowledge, symbolised on badge, learning development also ensure we support wellbeing students staff. non-selective school, have fabulous parent carer community, are supportive engaged their children’s learning. Excellent outcomes Thanks excellent student outcomes, second-highest ranked South West; UK’s 30 co-educational schools, according influential Sunday Times 2020 Parent Power league tables. We been rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted last four consecutive inspections. Building future continue build success: opened Sixth Form centre 2018 thriving 16-18 provision; fully refurbished gymnasium 2019; £5.8 million 10-classroom space modernised science labs due 2021. Pupil intake increases places Year 7 from September Outstanding ethos simple: commitment teaching aspiration, which drives progress attainment. Children learn us thrive academically personally, opportunities take part huge range extra-curricular clubs; writing competitions debates; performances; community fundraising; leadership; careers events. Aspirations destinations great majority stay into progress, cases, Oxbridge Russell Group universities, variety other prestigious destinations. Benefits It place teach, develop; share best practice progression fellow professionals students.
Arranging a visit to The Cotswold Academy
If you are applying for a job with us, we encourage you to come and see the school for yourself.
Contact Mrs H Price, Personnel Manager, if you have any questions about your application and to arrange a visit.
T: 01451 83626