Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
MPS/UPS £25,714 - £41,604 per annum
Toot Hill School have two opportunities for talented and enthusiastic Teachers of English.
Key purpose of the job
To teach pupils in allocated classes in order to ensure that their learning is of the highest quality.
Responsibilities of a classroom teacher
• Teach pupils within allocated classes, enhancing their learning and providing the opportunity for achievement for all pupils;
• Planning and preparing tasks which challenge pupils and ensure high levels of interest during lessons;
• Monitor the academic progress of pupils within allocated classes and implement appropriate strategies to address underachievement;
• To assess, record and report on the progress and attainment of all pupils within allocated classes;
• To register the attendance of pupils in class;
• To set appropriate homework;
• To mark pupil’s work and give appropriate and constructive feedback;
• To research new topic areas, maintain up-to-date subject knowledge, and devise and write new curriculum materials;
• Manage pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour;
• Communicate with parents and carers over pupils' progress and participate in departmental meetings, parents' evenings and whole school training events;
• Undergoing regular observations and participating in regular in-service training (INSET) as part of continuing professional development (CPD); and
• Undertake critical self-evaluation and then participate in continuous professional development designed to enhance the quality of teaching or other working practices.
Responsibilities of a form tutor
• To address any issues concerned with the wellbeing, personal development and academic progress of pupils within the tutor group;
• To check uniform and general appearance on a daily basis; and
• To monitor the behaviour of pupils in the tutor group.
Performance Management responsibilities
• All members of staff are required to participate fully in the school’s performance management system.
Other professional requirements
• Have a working knowledge of teachers’ professional duties and legal liabilities;
• Operate at all times within the stated policies and practices of the school;
• Establish effective working relationships and set a good example through their presentation and personal and professional conduct; and
• Contribute to the corporate life of the school through effective participation in meetings and management systems necessary to coordinate the management of the school.
1931 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Toot Hill School
At Toot Hill School we strive as a school community to be the very best that we can be, with staff and students embodying our Work Hard, Be Kind, Take Pride ethos. At the heart of our learning community is the belief that every child matters and that every child will succeed. Our students develop into successful, happy and confident young people who make a positive contribution to the local community and beyond.
It is an exciting time to be joining Toot Hill School as we continue our extensive work on remodelling our curriculum to ensure it is truly ambitious for all. It has been carefully crafted and sequenced by our subject experts with the aim to take our students from novice to expert in each subject they study. External examinations are not the sole focus for our curriculum; the deep and lasting understanding of their subjects that students build leads to inevitable exam success, which Toot Hill School students have enjoyed for many years across all subject areas. Our view is that curriculum is never finished and each and every member of staff contributes to the review and refinement of it. This is your opportunity to make your mark.
We cherish our staff as our most valuable resource in ensuring all students succeed in their journey through our school. Consequently, we heavily invest in both the professional learning and wellbeing of all our staff. Fundamental to our ethos is to declutter unnecessary work/tasks, focus on evidence based, sustainable practice and allow staff to take risks to ensure their unique teaching character shines through.