The successful candidate should be qualified to degree level in English The successful candidate should have a relevant teaching qualification (PGCE, Cert Ed, BEd).
The ability to teach the full age and ability range is required.
- A thorough knowledge of and enthusiasm for the subject of English is required.
- A commitment to the provision of quality and equality of opportunity in the teaching of Engl ish is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in a variety of contexts (students, parents, colleagues etc.) are sought.
- The successful candidate will be required to work effectively in a closely-knit team.
- Commitment to continuous review and curriculum development is sought.
- Candidates should have a forward-looking approach to teaching and have drive, initiative and the ability to respond quickly to further developments in education within school.
- Committed to the safeguarding of children and young people
CET strives to be recognised as an employer of choice.
We want to attract high quality staff for our schools and in return offer a ‘people first’ approach, so that staff feel part of a community. We want staff to be confident to both support and challenge one another regardless of position or seniority, feel valued and able to contribute to the development of CET.
We also recognise the need to reward effort and good results as our aim is year−on−year improvement by schools.
There are well developed staff progression routes. We support and develop our staff and give individuals every opportunity to develop and grow with us. There is a commitment to high-quality Continuous Professional Development programmes. These are geared to maximising job satisfaction and significantly increasing expertise, confidence and skills.
Staff can work across our family of schools, enabling our academies to benefit from wider expertise and to offer individuals fresh opportunities. Quality of life outside work significantly shapes the way in which people perform, so the need to achieve a healthy work/life balance is an important aspect of our commitment to staff. In return, we ask our staff to commit to the trust standards, these include:
- All of us are responsible for promoting the trust values of Respect, Responsibility and Resilience.
- Staff routinely modelling our view that everyone is helped and supported to ‘Be the best you can be’.
This job post has expired.