Teacher of English
To commence from January 2020 we are seeking to recruit a Teacher of English with the skills, expertise and passion to enthuse our young people to achieve across KS3 and KS4.
The ideal candidate will:
• have a natural passion and enthusiasm for their subject
• encourage, motivate and inspire young people
• be able to work well collaboratively in terms of planning, preparation and assessment
• be committed to our ethos that all students can achieve at Whitcliffe Mount
Candidate information pack which includes the full job description and employee specification can be downloaded from the school website.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in English or related subject
Good Honours Graduate in English
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Recent, relevant teaching (or teaching practice) of KS3 & 4 English in a comprehensive school.
Up to date knowledge of the curriculum in English at Key Stages 3 and 4.
Familiarity with ICT and confidence in using ICT as a teaching tool.
Classroom management skills.
Data analysis skills.
Outstanding literacy skills
Ability to evaluate and improve the teaching practice of self and others.
About Whitcliffe Mount School
- Turnsteads Avenue, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, BD19 3AQ
- LA Maintained School
- Whitcliffe Mount School website (opens in a new window)