Sheffield Springs Academy are looking to appoint the full-time post of Teacher of English to complement their existing department. The postholder will have additional responsibility for EAL students in the Academy. We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and influential Teacher to teach across Key Stages 3 and 4. The academy is part of United Learning, a national group of schools and academies. Sheffield Springs Academy is an 11-16 secondary school serving the Park, Manor and Castle wards of Sheffield. As part of United Learning our aim is to bring out ‘the Best in Everyone’ and we continuously strive to ensure that students and staff have every opportunity to succeed, with their potential developed to the utmost.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ academy. The academy is part of United Learning, a national group of schools and academies. Sheffield Springs Academy is an 11-16 school. As part of United Learning our aim is to bring out ‘the Best in Everyone’ and we continuously strive to ensure that students and staff have every opportunity to succeed, with their potential developed to the utmost. Our school has motivated, ambitious students with a high percentage of our students going on to attend Russell group universities.
United Learning is one of the largest and most successful Trusts in the country who offers unrivalled Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and training, including opportunities for nationwide networking.
The city of Sheffield itself is a vibrant place to live and work with two universities and a range of entertainment opportunities alongside the access to the beautiful Peak District within a 20-minute commute. Quality of life is routinely ranked highly, and it is one of the greenest cities in Europe: Welcome to Sheffield
What we would like from you:
- An ‘outstanding’ experienced teacher or a less experienced teacher with the potential to be consistently outstanding within a short timeframe.
- Someone who shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all of our young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment from people who care about them.
- Someone who is passionate about English and who will inspire our students to be so as well.
We will offer you:
- Excellent facilities and resources.
- Access to an outstanding professional development programme.
- Polite, respectful, and dedicated students who want to learn and fulfil their potential.
- A respectful working environment.
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and who are committed to each other’s professional development.
- A chance to become part of one of the largest groups of academies in the country.
- Opportunities to work collaboratively with colleagues in other schools within the Yorkshire cluster and across United Learning.
- Excellent employee benefits which include a highly sought-after pension scheme with high employer contributions.
- Perkbox benefits platform.
If you possess these qualities and share the academy’s vision, then we will be delighted to hear from you. Please refer to the job description and person specification for further details.
To apply, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button at the top of the advert on our website using the following link to our vacancies page: Sheffield Springs Academy Vacancies and complete our online application form. Please note that CVs are not accepted. The closing date for this post is 09:00 on Monday 27 November 2023. Interviews will take place soon after.
If you would like to discuss this exciting opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
United Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employees will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK, an Enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list.
This job post has expired.