Site: Queen Katharine Academy
Closing date: 9am Monday 17th April 2023
Start: September 2023 (July 2023 for ECT year 1)
Please note – Thomas Deacon Education Trust withhold the right to withdraw the advert and/or interview suitable candidates before the specified closing date.
Queen Katharine Academy are looking to appoint an additional teacher on a full-time permanent basis to work within our Accelerated Curriculum department. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced ESOL / English / linguistics / primary teacher who is ambitious and has an interest in working with students from a range of cultures and backgrounds within a very supportive environment.
The successful applicant will teach a English / literacy / ESOL-based curriculum to EAL students to fast-track their academic development.They will also teach some history, geography and PSHE to students who have low-levels of literacy. The department has a strong nurture ethos and also supports some of our students who have a SEND or SEMH need.
- Be a passionate and dynamic teacher, with either Qualified Teacher Status,CELTAor DELTA qualifications.
- Be able to model outstanding practice in literacy / ESOL Teaching and Learning, both within the department and across the wider curriculum.
- Be able to prepare and deliver lessons to a range of classes of different ages and abilities.
- Be enthusiastic about helping young people to succeed.
- Have the ability to form strong professional relationships with young people.
- Have high expectations for the behaviour and academic progress of young people.
- Be ambitious and have the energy and creativity to make a significant contribution to the whole academy.
It is truly exciting times for our department, and we are looking forward to welcoming another colleague to join our highly driven and successful department.
The Trust offers:
- Excellent salary package.
- Fantastic training/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment.
- Opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust.
- Use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking).
- Teachers’ pension scheme.
- An engaging, creative and welcoming environment to learners who take pride in their school.
- An inclusive and collaborative approach.
- A talented, highly motivated, committed and professional team of colleagues, both within the school and across the trust.
- An actively supportive Local Governing Body and Trust leadership.
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you have any questions regarding this post or would like to arrange a visit please contact the HR Team email@example.com.
This job post has expired.