Teacher of ESOL/Primary/English
22 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
17 April 2023 at 9am
16 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Englishjobs
- View all Full timejobs - FTE 100%
What skills and experience we're looking for
Site: Queen Katharine Academy
Closing date: 9am Monday 17th April 2023
Start: September 2023 (July 2023 for ECT year 1)
Please note – Thomas Deacon Education Trust withhold the right to withdraw the advert and/or interview suitable candidates before the specified closing date.
Queen Katharine Academy are looking to appoint an additional teacher on a full-time permanent basis to work within our Accelerated Curriculum department. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced ESOL / English / linguistics / primary teacher who is ambitious and has an interest in working with students from a range of cultures and backgrounds within a very supportive environment.
The successful applicant will teach a English / literacy / ESOL-based curriculum to EAL students to fast-track their academic development.They will also teach some history, geography and PSHE to students who have low-levels of literacy. The department has a strong nurture ethos and also supports some of our students who have a SEND or SEMH need.
- Be a passionate and dynamic teacher, with either Qualified Teacher Status,CELTAor DELTA qualifications.
- Be able to model outstanding practice in literacy / ESOL Teaching and Learning, both within the department and across the wider curriculum.
- Be able to prepare and deliver lessons to a range of classes of different ages and abilities.
- Be enthusiastic about helping young people to succeed.
- Have the ability to form strong professional relationships with young people.
- Have high expectations for the behaviour and academic progress of young people.
- Be ambitious and have the energy and creativity to make a significant contribution to the whole academy.
It is truly exciting times for our department, and we are looking forward to welcoming another colleague to join our highly driven and successful department.
What the school offers its staff
The Trust offers:
- Excellent salary package.
- Fantastic training/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment.
- Opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust.
- Use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking).
- Teachers’ pension scheme.
- An engaging, creative and welcoming environment to learners who take pride in their school.
- An inclusive and collaborative approach.
- A talented, highly motivated, committed and professional team of colleagues, both within the school and across the trust.
- An actively supportive Local Governing Body and Trust leadership.
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you have any questions regarding this post or would like to arrange a visit please contact the HR Team email@example.com.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Queen Katharine Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1451 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Queen Katharine Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Queen Katharine Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Lodge Park Academy
Shetland Way, Corby, Northamptonshire, NN17 2JH
University Academy Long Sutton
84 Little London, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE12 9LF
Mountbatten Way, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, NN9 6PA
Thomas Middlecott Academy
Edinburgh Drive, Boston, Lincolnshire, PE20 1JS
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Peterborough and Cambridgeshire and Peterborough