We wish to appoint an outstanding practitioner who can offer vision, energy and creativity in the teaching of ethics & religious education. The right candidate would benefit from entering a supportive environment with a blend of skills, innovation and experience. There is opportunity for additional responsibility plus part-time working will be considered.
Castle View Academy is a rapidly expanding (12 -16) academy based on the edge of Portsmouth, serving the community of Paulsgrove. We are part of the United Learning group, the largest multi academy trust in the UK, and we are seeking a driven, ambitious and aspiring leader to join our team.
Awarded ‘Good’ by Ofsted in all categories in June 2022, inspectors praised the school’s ambitious curriculum, high-quality pastoral care and positive environment for learning. Ofsted’s report was clear that “at the very heart of Castle View Academy is a desire for all pupils to achieve excellence”. Among the areas singled out for praise was our curriculum, which has been developed in recent years to ensure it is “ambitious and well-structured”. This is supported by high-quality teaching and planning that gives pupils the support they need to progress, including those with additional needs. We have a consistent and effective approach to behaviour which means teachers can focus on the main thing – teaching.
Teaching and Learning is at the heart of what we do. Every decision is driven by its potential to impact on student learning. Our approach to teaching and learning is informed by robust research, constantly reviewed, and tailored to our unique context.
What we offer:
- An exceptional salary, above the maintained sector by 5% on average
- Excellent ongoing CPD, career development and promotion
- Potential for additional responsibility
- Part-time working considered
- Disruption-free learning and a ‘warm-strict’ behaviour system
- Collaborative planning with centralised, shared units of work and resources
- A feedback policy focused on whole class feedback – no onerous marking policies
- A centralised homework system at KS3 – you do not need to mark KS3 homework
- Centralised detentions, including homework detentions
- No formal graded lesson observations – just ongoing ‘no-stakes’ feedback, helping you to continuously develop
- Up to 9 INSET days per year, dedicated to personal wellbeing, subject knowledge development and planning/resource development
- An unrivalled professional progression model to enable great teachers to remain in the classroom via our Lead Practitioner route and/or progression routes to middle and senior leadership.
- An opportunity to work with the Trust’s Ethics & Religious Education Advisor, have a full and well implemented curriculum and resources to work with, and be able to network with subject leaders across the whole trust
- The opportunity to save money across hundreds of major retailers, through Perkbox
- A very pleasant location in beautiful Portsmouth
You will be:
- A highly effective leader with excellent subject knowledge and an excellent track record of outstanding teaching and learning
- See tasks, plans and ideas through to completion with a relentless focus on high standards
- Someone who passionately believes that all children can achieve, no matter what their starting point, background or needs. Someone that does not make excuses for what children can achieve
- Up to date with the latest curriculum developments
We actively welcome visits and would be delighted to show you around our academy to fully appreciate our excellent learning environment.
Castle View Academy is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Note – We reserve the right to interview and offer to a strong candidate prior to the closing date. It is strongly recommended that candidates submit their application as soon as possible.
This job post has expired.