Teacher of Food & Nutrition and/or Design and Technology
You will be expected to carry out the professional duties of a teacher as outlined in the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions document currently in operation, or any subsequent legislation.
TEACHING AND LEARNING
1. Plan, prepare and deliver high quality lessons to students at some or all of Key Stages 3, 4 and 5.
2. Accurately assess and report on progress and any concerns to line manager and parents.
3. Contribute to curriculum development work of the Creative Arts Faculty with a specific focus on Food & Nutrition and Design & Technology.
4. To help ensure that lessons are differentiated appropriately for the needs of all students
1. To provide high quality pastoral care as a tutor to a group of students in one year group.
2. Contribution to the wider aims of the Academy.
3. To engage with and deliver the broad extra curricula experience offered to the Students of the Academy
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
The successful candidate will:
Be capable of teaching Food & Nutrition and Design & Technology in KS3 and KS4, and subject to qualifications and experience in KS5.
Have the flexibility to teach other Creative Arts subjects, particularly at KS3, would be considered.
Love working with and inspiring young people and be able to make and maintain relationships with the full ability range of our students.
Be passionate about Food & Nutrition and Design & Technology and want to be a collaborative member of the Creative Arts Faculty.
Be committed to engaging in continued professional learning
Be able to communicate effectively with staff, parents and students.
Be willing to contribute to the wider life of the Academy.
Selection will be on the basis of the application form, interview process and specimen lesson, and satisfactory references.
As King Alfred’s is part of the Vale Academy Trust (VAT) we can offer staff the opportunity to rent local accommodation at very competitive rates. If you are interested in this accommodation this can be discussed in more detail at interview.
About King Alfred's
- Portway, Wantage, Oxfordshire, OX12 9BY
- King Alfred's website (opens in a new window)