Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Fixed term (from 19 April 2021 to June 2021)
Main Pay Scale
We are looking to appoint an outstanding teacher of Design & Technology.
You will have high expectations and excellent subject knowledge, with a lively and energetic personality. You will want to continue developing your teaching skills to ensure enjoyment and rigour in the classroom, as well as make a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the College. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team of highly respected, friendly and supportive colleagues and work in a thriving and forward-thinking school, situated in a beautiful part of rural East Devon.
The Design and Technology department is well-resourced and supported with subjects being a popular choice at KS4 level. Our purpose-built Design and Technology (CreAte) building was opened in 2015 and is an asset to the College, providing Design Technology, Food, Textiles and Photography facilities. The College provides excellent opportunities for professional development.
Potential candidates should outline their strengths and experiences in their application with reference to the following points:
• Promote Design at all levels through inspiring students to be actively interested in Design and Technology.
• To teach AQA Food Preparation and Nutrition GCSE, and a range of Design and Technology skills at KS3 level.
• To develop professional knowledge and expertise as appropriate and keep up to date with developments in teaching and learning in the curriculum area of Design and Technology.
• To encourage Design and Technology learning through extra-curricular activities.
• To ensure a high quality learning environment within the Design and Technology area and to work closely with technical support staff.
Applying for the job
Please visit the College website www.honitoncollege.devon.sch.uk where you will find an application form. When completed return to Jenny Bigmore.
743 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Honiton Community College
Honiton Community College has become a popular and successful school, with a flourishing Sixth Form, a much-improved academic record, exceptional extra-curricular richness, and diversity. Our students are outstanding, and they deserve outstanding teachers. The College provides excellent opportunities for professional development.
Arranging a visit to Honiton Community College
If you would like to visit the College please be aware that the College is only open for Key Worker children and that strict social distancing and safety protocols are in place. Please phone or e mail Jenny Bigmore.