Teacher of Food Technology
4 days remaining to apply
Start date details
27 March 2023 at 9am
10 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Food Technologyjobs
- View all Part timejobs - 0.5 contract
- Main Pay Range Teachers Pay – M1-M6
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are seeking an innovative and dynamic Teacher of Food Technology who can contribute to our thriving and forward-thinking school. We are looking for a teacher who is passionate about their subject and will lead their pupils to further success and achievements. The successful candidates will be suitably qualified and have strong subject knowledge as well as having excellent teaching skills. They will have detailed knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum and Food Technology.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a passion for all aspects of food technology
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to celebrate and promote high quality teaching and learning
- Have the ability to embrace and contribute to the vision of the Department and school
- Be able to build relationships quickly
- Have a positive approach
- Have a real interest in educational issues, approaches and alternatives from around the world
- Be proactive and confident
- Use resources, intellect, creativity and innovation to be successful
- Have the ability to support, challenge and inspire our students, encouraging them to achieve the best they can through the promotion of outstanding teaching and learning
- Have the ability to be a team player who will go the extra mile to support students and who will enjoy the opportunities of this role
What the school offers its staff
You are asked to provide the following:
- A completed application form
- A letter of application of no more than 2 sides of A4 detailing your experience and expertise
Completed applications should be returned either by post, marked ‘Confidential’ to HR Recruitment Team, Shaftesbury School, Salisbury School, Shaftesbury, Dorset, SP7 8ER or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you wish to arrange a visit to view the School, please do not hesitate to contact the school office at email@example.com and they will be happy to arrange this for you.
Further details about the role
SAST will conduct online searches of shortlisted candidates. In line with KCSIE guidance, this will be part of safer recruitment checks, and the search will purely be based on whether an individual is suitable to work with children. As care must be taken to avoid unconscious bias and any risk of discrimination, a person who will not be on the appointment panel will conduct the searches and will only share information if and when findings are relevant and of concern.
Sherborne Area Schools’ Trust (SAST) recognises the benefit of having a diverse workforce and is committed to building a workforce which reflects diversity from the communities it serves. SAST values the contributions from all staff from a wide range of different backgrounds and actively seeks to promote an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment and at the same time supports fair promotion and cultural acceptance. Under the provision of the Equality Act 2010 SAST welcomes applications from everyone and operates a recruitment process which is fair and does not discriminate against or disadvantage anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
This role is UK- based and your right to work will need to be established as part of the appointment process.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please complete the online application.Apply for this job
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Shaftesbury School
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 967 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Shaftesbury School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Shaftesbury School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Dorset, Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole