Teacher of Food Technology
TEACHER OF FOOD TECHNOLOGY
Grade: Main Pay Spine in accordance with qualifications and experience
Responsible to: Curriculum Leader: Art and Design & Technology
Responsible for: Subject: Food Technology
Teaching of Food Technology throughout the school
To have responsibility for a tutor group
• Teaching Food Technology to students of all ages and abilities, ensuring an engaging and inspiring experience for students that maximises achievement.
• Tracking and monitoring students in your classes and intervening effectively to differentiate and support achievement.
• Carrying out assessment, recording and reporting procedures as required.
• Taking part in faculty/departmental meetings and activities.
• Contributing to whole-school discussions and development.
• Undertaking pastoral responsibility for a tutor group, including supporting the Life Skills programme.
• Fulfilling the National Standards for qualified teachers fully in a way consistent with your experience.
• Upholding and supporting the policies and ethos of the school.
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up and should be seen as describing in more detail aspects of the duties set out in the Education (School teachers’ Pay and Conditions of Employment) Act. The Headteacher may vary the duties from time to time without changing their general character or the level of management responsibility entailed.
All staff at Stanborough have a comprehensive package of support, training and performance management, giving scope for personal and professional development.
It is a requirement of all staff that they sign the IT Acceptable User Policy, and all staff will be expected to attend Safeguarding and Prevent training.
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main responsibilities and duties of the post, each individual task to be undertaken will not be identified. Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description. The job description is current to the date shown but, in consultation with you, it may be changed by the Headteacher to reflect or anticipate changes in the job commensurate with the grade and job title.
Essential educational requirements
First degree in a relevant subject
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• Understanding of child safeguarding issues and successful measures that promote and ensure the safeguarding of children
• Knowledge of current legislation, guidance and developments relating to the subject area
• Meets National Standards for NQT
• The ability to demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge
• Successful experience in teaching Food Technology
• The ability to manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment
• An understanding of the principles of good classroom management and planning.
• Ability to challenge and support all students to do their best
• Holding positive values and attitudes and adopt high standards of behaviour in a professional role
• An understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities for all students
• Genuine commitment to high quality teaching
• Ability to challenge and support all students to do their best
What can we offer you at Stanborough?
• The chance to work in a thriving, developing and expanding school that puts the student at the heart of everything it does.
• The chance to work with some amazing staff who are passionate about developing the young people in their care.
• A well developed and personally tailored staff development offer that meets the needs of individual staff members.
• An expanding school with great facilities with two current building projects to improve these even further.
• An opportunity to be involved in the 16 – 19 Welwyn Hatfield Consortium, one of the oldest and well-established of its kind in the UK. This involves close links and collaboration with four local schools.
• Great resources for staff, including free parking on site, a laptop loan scheme, good rail and road links to the school and an attractive edge of town location next to Stanborough Lakes and Gosling Sports Park.
• A chance to take part in the nationally recognised OTI (Outstanding Teacher Initiative) Scheme which is offered to all staff members on an annual basis.
About Stanborough School
Stanborough School Stanborough School is an 11-18 co-educational Academy that sits on the southern fringe of Welwyn Garden City. The school currently has 1099 students. Due to parental demand for places at the school, from September 2019 the school expanded to 8 form entry. This has required a substantial amount of new premises work to be completed which includes a new teaching block as well as a drama and music block. We pride ourselves in being a fully inclusive school that serves our local community and on being a school that does its best for each individual student so they can achieve their potential during their time at Stanborough. Stanborough is proud of its community involvement. We work closely with the four other local Secondary Schools as part of the Welwyn-Hatfield 16-19 Consortium. We also take a leading role in hosting and developing a number of other key community developments such as the Handside Schools Partnership with a local special school and primary school. The school boasts excellent facilities including our first-rate IT resources, a legacy of our Specialist Computing Status. With a dedicated Technology block, Sports Hall, Sixth Form Centre and recently refurbished outdoor sports pitches, the students enjoy some outstanding facilities. Our excellent resources in all curriculum areas also show our commitment to giving students a wide variety of curricular opportunities including technology, the performing arts and computing. Our greatest asset at the school is our staff. We want the best educators for our students and through exceptional retention we have a stable staff with very low turn-over. A number of staff who started at the school as NQTs now find themselves in senior positions at the school. With the appointment of a new Headteacher from September 2018, this is an exciting time to join the school and become part of an ambitious and hard-working team dedicated to moving the school forward. We are looking for teachers who will embody our four principles of High Expectations; Mutual Respect; Quality Learning and Success for All.
- Lemsford Lane, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, AL8 6YR
- Stanborough School website (opens in a new window)