Teacher of Food
The Nottingham Emmanuel School, West Bridgford, Nottinghamshire
|Working pattern||Part-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
We are seeking to appoint a committed and talented Teacher of Food who is also able to teach across other disciplines within Design and Technology to join our successful and forward looking team. The successful candidate will be an excellent classroom practitioner and be enthusiastic about the achievement of students in this subject. Their ability to consistently teach inspirational lessons will be supported by our fit for purpose facilities and resources and excellent training and development opportunities on offer.
We currently teach GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition and also WJEC Level 2 Hospitality and Catering.
Our vision for the Academy is for it to be a place where pupils have a love for learning, a place where all pupils believe in themselves and can enjoy the challenges presented to them, understanding the benefits of the progress they make.
Essential educational requirements
• Relevant ‘A’ Levels (or equivalent) and degree;
• Qualified Teacher Status.
• Good honours degree (2:1 or better);
• Able to teach Key Stage 5.
Essential skills and experience
• Relevant teaching experience or teaching practice;
• Experience of teaching across all disciplines in DT at KS3 & KS4;
• Experience of working with students of a wide range of abilities.
• Teach GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition and WJEC Level 2 Hospitality and Catering
• Ability to use innovative, active teaching methods;
• Ability to use ICT as a learning/admin tool;
• An ability to work in collaborative partnership with the full range of people associated with the Trust - staff, parents, governors, community, business, Diocese and LA;
• Effective communication skills, written and verbal;
• Good organisational skills;
• Ability to work with students with special needs or who are Academically More Able.
• Ability to develop literacy, including EAL, resources across the curriculum.
In return we can offer:
• Employee benefits and well-being scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Access to Local Government Pension Scheme
• Salary sacrifice bus pass scheme
• Access to Archway Trust Benefits
|School type||Academy, Church of England|
|School size||1033 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||The Nottingham Emmanuel School website (opens in a new window)|
Gresham Park Road, West Bridgford, Nottinghamshire, NG2 7YF