Huxlow Academy’s languages department has had an excellent record of exam results over nearly a decade, whilst
teaching the vast majority of the year group cohorts, and are consistently raising standards in terms of attitude to
learning, engagement and outcomes. The team are looking for a new member who will share their strong subject
knowledge, enthusiasm and cultural awareness with the students.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a team player, committed to departmental priorities
• Have strong subject knowledge and be willing to embrace new teaching techniques
• Demonstrate consistently positive progress with their teaching groups
• Be committed to using evidence-based pedagogy in their own classroom, to drive standards in French
• Be determined that all students should have the best opportunity for success.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Huxlow Academy is a fully inclusive school, located in Irthlingborough, East Northamptonshire. Our students are a
vibrant and varied mix that bring an energy that is not found in many other schools. The loyalty the students show for
the staff and community, whom they recognise care so deeply about them, is what makes Huxlow a very rewarding
and fun place to work. If you want to work with a team committed to making a difference to the lives of the young
people in our community, we want to hear from you!
Training and development opportunities will be offered. All staff are encouraged to study further and the trust will
actively support staff to obtain relevant further qualifications where possible.
Tove Learning Trust is a fast moving and exciting place to work. The trust schools have a shared vision and purpose: to
deliver outstanding educational experiences that lead to inspiring outcomes. Each academy has a strong individual
identity and tailors their educational provision to serve their local community. Academies within the trust collaborate
to share expertise and maximise opportunities and experiences for our students.
The French department at Huxlow are a very supportive team, who work hard to gain exceptional GCSE results and
maintain strong relationships with students. There is a very big emphasis on developing students’ cultural awareness
and this is at the heart of the department’s ethos.
• To develop a curiosity, excitement, and passion for French within students at Huxlow.
• To contribute to the continued rise in standards of student attainment and the culture of excellence in all
• To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a Teacher/Form Tutor.
• To provide a learning experience which gives the students the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
• To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students
and to support the French curriculum area as appropriate.
• To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic
The Trustees of Tove Learning Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This job post has expired.