Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Fixed term (12 Months)
£25,714 to £41,604
Teacher of French – Maternity Cover
Rye College is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic and adaptable Teacher of French, who can demonstrate excellent subject knowledge, to join our highly-motivated team. We are driven by a pursuit of high academic standards regardless of background and a desire for all students to experience an exceptional education. We are open to applications from experienced teachers or ambitious newcomers.
Our ideal candidate will:
• Be an excellent teacher of languages to students of all abilities in key stages 3 and 4;
• Have a love of the subject and desire and ability to convey this to students;
• Be enthusiastic, energetic and open to innovation;
• Possess effective communication skills and be emotionally intelligent;
• Possess effective ICT skills and be open to new uses of technology in the workplace;
• Be committed to extra-curricular activities including lunch time activities;
• Be committed to continuing professional learning;
• Have integrity, optimism and a good sense of humour;
• Hold a good honours degree along with qualified teacher status.
In return, we offer:
• A happy community committed to the professional development of all colleagues;
• A distinctive local context ensuring we place inclusivity at the heart of all we do;
• A skilled and experienced team of teachers and other professionals;
• A motivated leadership team leading rapid improvement to the students’ life chances;
• A college in which the students are enthusiastic, engaging and thoughtful.
We would be pleased to welcome you for an informal visit to our college prior to application.
Rye College is committed to safeguarding the young people in our care and we expect all our staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
As an employee of the Aquinas Church of England Education Trust you are required to have regard to the character of the Trust and its foundation and to undertake not to do anything in any way contrary to the interests of the foundation.
Applying for the job
Please apply by submitting the completed job application form to email@example.com or by post to HR Officer, Rye College, Rye, TN31 7NQ. The application form can be found as an attachment, or by following the link https://www.aquinastrust.org/vacancies. More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
561 pupils enrolled
11 to 16
About Rye College
On behalf of our students, colleagues and trustees, I would like to thank you for your interest in a position at Rye College. I hope you find the application pack both helpful and informative.
There is a long tradition of education in Rye that goes back to the foundation of the Grammar School in 1636. At Rye College, we are proud to be a significant chapter in the ongoing story of nearly four hundred years of learning in this ancient town.
There is significant transformational change to improve the standard of education and facilities at Rye College – ideal for ambitious and talented teachers to truly make a difference. At present we are focused on instilling a sense of responsibility in all our students – a sense of ownership of their leaning, of their college, of their actions and of the consequences. In today’s complex world, children need both the knowledge and skills to compete in a global market place but also need a sense of their humanity – the ability to respect, to empathise and to be caring and compassionate individuals.
Our curriculum offer is simple: broad and balanced with an academic core. It combines a foundation in the national curriculum subjects, a focus on academic achievement in English, maths and science with a broader offer of suitable academic, vocational and technical qualifications. In recent years, our students have found much success in the creative arts – and this is a commitment we see in our curriculum offer for the next academic year.
We are looking to recruit experienced and newly qualified teachers who want to raise standards through the creation of vibrant and innovative classrooms. Central to this is an ability to work in partnership with our families and other professionals to continue our mission to build an amazing college that delivers excellence for every one of our students.
In your application, please outline why you would like to join Rye College, how you meet the person specification and what might make you irresistible. We value honesty.
I look forward receiving your completed application.
Head of College
Arranging a visit to Rye College
Please call 01797 222545 to discuss options for a School visit or informal online chat prior to interview.