- £26,165 to £42,430
Teacher of Games Design & New Media job summary
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, confident and enthusiastic teacher to plan, prepare and deliver lessons in Games Design and New Media. This role is suitable for an NQT or an experienced teacher. A full induction package and CPD opportunities are offered to help develop your teaching practice.
All BOA students are selected through aptitude in their chosen arts specialism and will follow either a Creative, Digital or Performing Arts pathway. All Post-16 Digital Arts students study towards a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Creative Digital Media Production, with Games Design and New Media students pursuing units and projects relevant to their specialism. At Key Stage 4, Digital Arts students study a BTEC Level 2 Tech Award in Creative Media Production, where some learners will choose to specialise in Games Design and New Media in their second year for one of their modules.
You will be keen to explore the cutting edge of industry practice with your learners, building relationships with our industry partners to ensure students access state of the art technologies and learn the latest processes and work-flows across a variety of new medias and genres. You will have a passion for collaboration and be committed to exploring the ways the Digital Arts experience can be enhanced by working with other curriculum areas within the academy. We are looking for an exceptional professional who will play a crucial role in shaping the core curriculum and specialist pathways of our vibrant institution.
The academy is looking for someone who has:
• Qualified teacher status and a degree
• A strong track record as an outstanding teacher or the ability to demonstrate you are developing outstanding practice if an NQT
• Recent experience of teaching vocation courses in a related subject
• A passion for Games Design and New Media, which is evident in their day-to-day classroom practice
• The ability to work in collaboration with other members of staff to develop and manage projects
• Exceptional personal organisation and time-management skills
• The ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
• The ability to guide students’ academic, personal and professional development as a tutor in accordance with the academy’s guidelines and procedures
• An understanding of the key national and educational policies and issues
• The ability to inspire high achievement in young people from all backgrounds
• Presence, dynamism, good sense of humour and approachability
• Flexibility and the ability to adapt positively in the face of change
• An excellent record of attendance and punctuality
This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference to the future of education within a world-class academy. If you share the academy’s vision and ambitions, possess a strong desire to work within an ethos of creative collaboration and partnership and want to have a positive impact on young people, families and the community then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Closing date: 9.00am on 13th June 2022
Start date: 1st September 2022 (or soonest date thereafter)
Birmingham Ormiston Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Applying for the job
Apply on TES portalMore on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.