We are looking for a Geography teacher who:
- Shows a passion for teaching Geography at KS3 & 4 with the prospect of teaching KS5.
- Has an excellent subject knowledge in human and physical Geography and holds the ability to make connections between them clear.
- Is an enthusiastic teacher who engages and motivates pupils to reach beyond their potential.
- Plans and delivers lessons of an outstanding quality.
- Will mark, feedback and report on assessments within Geography with a focus on improving students through success.
- Will be willing to work with and contribute to the award-winning Geography curriculum at Broadway
- Will actively contribute to department meetings and build strong relationships with others
- Shows a love for geography and actively participates in continually developing subject and pedagogical knowledge.
Within the Geography department, we have a team of experienced teachers committed to developing ‘Geographers of the future’ across key stages 3, 4 and 5. The department has achieved the Princes Teaching Institutes Centre of Excellence quality mark for the last three years and was awarded the prestigious Bernice McCabe award for curriculum design in 2021. The geography curriculum offer at Broadway includes teaching the most relevant ‘cutting edge’ geography concepts straight out of the universities, to provide an education that exceeds national curriculum expectations. Assessment and homework are purposeful and students are offered a wide variety of experiences both within and outside of school, through our super-curriculum, referred to as the ‘Broadway Geographical Society’.
You will be joining a supportive and dedicated Humanities department who passionately believe that every child should “enjoy and achieve” in school. The Humanities directorate currently consists of Geography, History and RE at key stages 3 and 4, and Geography, History, Religious Studies and Ethics, Criminology, Law, Psychology and Sociology, in the sixth form. As well as striving for academic excellence in school, the directorate runs a wide range of interdisciplinary experiences to enhance understanding of the connections between subjects, as well as to provide a wealth of cultural capital for our students.
Join us and grow
You will benefit from working within a school which encourages staff and students to be aspirational. Staff development is a priority and staff are empowered to continue their own learning. Alongside external training opportunities, the academy has developed an accelerated leadership programme linked to NPQML and NPQSL and offers a range of induction and CPD programmes.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic teacher to join a
hard-working and forward-looking Academy. We have excellent facilities; highly
professional technical support and our ICT resources are outstanding. The
successful candidate will be able to teach Geography at KS3 and KS4 with the
prospect of teaching KS5.
We believe in the potential of every student and we are on an exciting
journey to “World Class”. If you are keen to work in a successful and growing
academy which encourages staff to aim high in their own careers, this could be
a great opportunity for you.
more by coming to have a look around. Visits to the school are encouraged.
arrange a visit, seek more information and to request a full application pack,
please contact Paul Hunt at Hays Education:
You can also
visit our dedicated recruitment website: www.hays.co.uk/jobs/broadway-academy
Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and
young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All
appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure and
This job post has expired.