Are you looking to improve the life chances of pupils?
Do you want to work in a top performing school?
Teacher of Geography
An Exciting Opportunity to join Swindon Academy. We are looking to appoint a highly motivated and ambitious colleague to teach Geography. You will be part of our Humanities Faculty, which is led by our Director of Teaching and Learning.
Salary: Highly competitive
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Start Date: September 2023
We are an OFSTED good rated all-through academy (3-18) and part of the country’s largest Multi Academy Trust; United Learning. With a progress 8 score of 0.67 in 2023, we have been the top Secondary school in Swindon for GCSE progress since 2016 and we became the top school for attainment in Swindon for GCSE in 2022.
We believe that it is our mission to ensure that all pupils can flourish both academically and personally in an aspirational and supportive environment so that they go on to live happy and fulfilling lives in the future. We pride ourselves on having the highest of expectations of everyone, both students and staff, and passionate about building a strong staff team who work together to drive success for our pupils. We are committed to providing a world-class education that improves the life chances of students, at whatever stage of learning, where hard work, kindness and responsibility are our shared values.
Located in the North of Swindon, we are within commuting distance of Bristol, Bath, Oxford and Reading and the beautiful surrounding Cotswolds Hills. The school boasts superb facilities, a spectacular building and a genuine commitment to ensuring that the Academy is a great place for pupils to come and learn and staff to come and teach.
We are looking to appoint someone who:
- Is aligned to our school’s vision and values. If you are the type of person who fits with our culture, you will love working here. Our culture is outlined in our Swindon Academy Way document is attached to the advert.
- Is truly committed to making a difference to the life-chances of students and believes that all children can achieve, no matter what their starting point, background or needs.
- Is a well-qualified, excellent teacher and who demonstrates a passion for their subject, for learning and has the highest of expectations in the classroom.
- Is committed to their own professional development and continuous improvement
- Has energy and demonstrates commitment to all aspects of school life
- Can demonstrate excellent organisational and inter-personal skills and the ability to work as a team
Swindon Academy can offer you:
- The opportunity to work in the best school in Swindon
- An exceptional salary, above the maintained sector by 5% on average
- A strong whole-school team of hardworking, supportive and friendly colleagues
- A culture and ethos of sky-high expectations
- A rigorous whole-school behaviour system that allows teachers and pupils to benefit from disruption-free learning.
- A fully resourced curriculum with centralised, shared units of work and resources.
- Whole-class feedback marking policies and retrieval practice strategies aimed at supporting the work-life balance of teachers.
- A dedicated team of non-teaching pastoral and SEN staff who work with teachers to support pupils
- A research driven (no fad) in-house professional development program utilising best practice and evidence-based teaching and learning initiatives.
- A coaching culture, where every teacher is supported to develop professionally
- Access to the best professional development bespoke to all levels of leadership
- A ‘hands-on’ and committed Senior Leadership Team, completely determined to create an environment in which teachers can get on with their core role: delivering excellent lessons.
- Huge personal satisfaction in your work as a teacher
If you are looking for the next step in your career, and would like to find out more, please email Karen Wright at email@example.com - Interim Principal. She will arrange a visit to the Academy or an informal call to talk about the role.
Please note we reserve the right to close the vacancy early in light of a large response.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the School is unable to provide individual feedback on why an application is unsuccessful. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.