Teacher of Geography job summary
Teacher of Geography
Permanent, Full Time from September 2022
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Teacher of Geography to join us in September 2022. The successful applicant will be able to teach across key stages to students of all abilities as well as demonstrate a proven track record of securing outstanding student outcomes.
We welcome applications both from ECTs and from experienced teachers who want to broaden their experience in a dynamic and innovative department.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has relevant experience of teaching Geography in a secondary school
• Is a good teacher who can establish good relationships with, motivate and inspire young people, and who shows the potential and commitment to become and outstanding teacher
• Has good interpersonal skills, the ability to empathise with young people and build positive relationships with students and colleagues
• Is a flexible and perceptive classroom practitioner who can engage students across the age and ability range and enable all to learn, enjoy and make progress
• Has a commitment to personal, professional development and becoming the best you can be.
Working for St Anne’s means that you would be part of the Cranmer Education Trust, a successful, growing Trust which prides itself on looking after its people, offering a high level of support and access to expertise. This is an excellent time to join the team, as we develop collaborative structures and systems to enhance and support our growing family of schools.
Alongside St Anne’s CE Academy, the Trust is made up of The Blue Coat School, two primary schools; East Crompton St George’s and Mayfield Primary. The Trust also incorporates a teacher training school and the East Manchester Teaching Hub; both of which support the training and development of new and existing teachers across the North West of England. We are also opening a new secondary school in Oldham in 2022 for 1,200 pupils, The Brian Clarke CE Academy. For further details please visit https://careers.cranmereducationtrust.com/.
• Opportunities for professional development in a growing Trust
• Teachers career average pension scheme including life insurance and dependent’s pension
• Convenient location for motorway (2 minute drive from Junction 19, M62), bus and tram networks
St Anne’s Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Cranmer Education Trust follows safer recruitment practices. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020 and appointment is therefore subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
For further information please refer to:
• the Cranmer Education Trust’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy Trust Policies | Cranmer Education Trust
• The Trust’s statement on the employment of ex-offenders, in the vacancy Supporting Documents section.
• The job description and person specification for further information regarding the safeguarding responsibilities of the role.
Please note CVs are not accepted.
Closing date for applications: Monday 23 May 2022 at 09:00
Interviews: w/c 23 May 2022
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.