Teacher of Geography
The Bluecoat Beechdale Academy are seeking to appoint an outstanding educator of Geography to join a high achieving, successful and forward-looking team of staff. Our overriding aim is to recruit the strongest possible classroom practitioner, who is passionate about their subject and skilled in sharing it with students from Year 7 to Year 11. Above all, we wish to appoint an imaginative and enthusiastic teacher, who will be keen to work alongside a team determined to create an excellent Academy.
This teacher position would suit either a newly qualified teacher seeking a first appointment within a forward thinking and well-resourced school or a more experienced teacher wishing to develop their experience.
Essential educational requirements
• Relevant ‘A’ Levels (or equivalent) and degree;
• Qualified Teacher Status.
Essential skills and experience
• Ability to use innovative, active teaching methods;
• Ability to use ICT as a learning/admin tool;
• An ability to work in collaborative partnership with the full range of people associated with the Trust - staff, parents, governors, community, business, Diocese and LA;
• Effective communication skills, written and verbal;
• Good organisational skills;
• Ability to work with students with special needs or who are Gifted and Talented.
Please see job pack for full job description and person specification
Employee benefits and well-being scheme, Cycle to work scheme, Access to Local Government Pension Scheme, Salary sacrifice bus pass scheme.
About Bluecoat Beechdale Academy
- Harvey Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG8 3GP
- Bluecoat Beechdale Academy website (opens in a new window)