Teacher of Geography
The Avenue, Wood Road, Halewood, Liverpool, L26 1UU
Telephone: 0151 477 8830
Principal: Mr G Evans
Teacher of Geography
To start January 2020 (Temporary - Maternity Cover)
We seek to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic and inspiring colleague to join our highly regarded and successful Humanities Department on a temporary basis to cover maternity leave. The department has an outstanding leadership team and collaborative culture. We pride ourselves on our commitment to ensuring student progress and high quality teaching and learning provision for all. The successful applicant will share these values and play an active part in the Geography curriculum at all levels. You will be able to enthuse and motivate our students with your passion for the subject and creative teaching, presence and personality. There may also be a small number of RE lessons to deliver.
Applications from experienced colleagues and Newly Qualified Teachers are equally welcome. We have an outstanding NQT induction programme to offer support to new staff. We can offer the successful candidate an opportunity to work with highly trained and supportive staff, as well as a whole school commitment to professional development as we believe that development of staff is a key aspect in raising standards for our students.
Halewood Academy is a successful 11 - 16 school and is part of the Wade Deacon Trust. It was judged by OFSTED to be good in April this year following its extremely successful transition out of special measures.
The Wade Deacon Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.
An application form and details are attached. Completed application forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Mr S Simmons, Senior Administration Leader at Halewood Academy, The Avenue, Wood Road, Liverpool L26 1UU.
Closing date: 3pm Friday 18th October 2019
Essential educational requirements
• Plan and deliver lessons that motivate all students to learn and achieve.
• Relate to and work with others as a member of a team
Ability to interpret data that informs planning
• To hold a degree or equivalent qualification.
• To be a qualified teacher.
Essential skills and experience
• To have knowledge of developments with regard to the National Curriculum and other Government initiatives.
• To understand the process of learning.
• To understand curriculum continuity and progression.
To have knowledge of issues in the area of special needs.
• the ability to relate to and motivate staff, parents and pupils.
• the ability to listen to and understand others.
constant and consistent expectations of high standards.
• high motivation and professional commitment;
• a commitment to pupil-centred education;
• a commitment to involving parents as partners in the education process;
a commitment to and understanding of equality of opportunity.
About Halewood Academy
- The Avenue, Knowsley, Merseyside, L26 1UU
- Halewood Academy website (opens in a new window)