M1 to M6
Geography Teacher (M1 to M6)
Required January 2021
Full Time, Permanent
Responsible to: Curriculum Leader Geography
We are delighted to offer the opportunity to join St Cecilia’s RC High School, a popular and growing school in Lancashire’s Ribble Valley.
The Governors are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified practitioner of Geography. They will be an outstanding classroom practitioner with a drive to improve the life chances of young people through education.
The role is to develop and implement a successful well sequenced and interleaved curriculum which enables all students to make at least expected progress and provides an enjoyable learning experience for all that goes beyond school life.
The successful candidate will be joining a thriving and growing school which has recently been judged ‘Good’ by Ofsted in October 2019 and in September 2019 we welcomed 109 pupils for 93 places.
The Governors and Senior Leaders are committed to your professional learning with a culture of research and reading and the heart of what we do, including staff well-being and workload.
The successful candidate will be supported via a well-developed, bespoke professional learning package appropriate to their individual needs and aspirations.
The successful applicant will be:
• Excellent practitioner
• Must be able to motivate, challenge and inspire pupils to succeed in Geography
• Be committed to improving the outcomes for all pupils
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Have high expectations of themselves, the pupils and all other staff
• Have excellent communication skills and the ability to develop and improve practice in others
• Must be passionate about the Geography curriculum
• Up to date with relevant pedagogy and apply this to their teaching
Essential educational requirements
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Degree or equivalent
Deadlines for Application
• Closing Date Friday 25th September 2020
• Shortlisting Monday 5th October 2020
• Interviews Wednesday 21st October 2020