Teacher of Geography (One Year Contract)
Woodbridge High School, Woodford Green, Essex
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £28,356 to £44,541|
|Newly qualified teacher||Suitable|
Responsible to: Head of Geography
Purpose: To carry out the functions of a teacher at Woodbridge High School in accordance with the stated aims and objectives of the school and the department. These include the following list of duties and responsibilities and any other duties as may reasonably be expected.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
These responsibilities must be carried out in conjunction with the duties of teachers as set out in Part XI of the annual Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document
1. To plan, prepare and teach assigned lessons to pupils according to their educational needs.
2. To set and mark appropriate written work according to department policy, including for any subsidiary subject.
3. To assess, record, and report on the development, progress and attainment of pupils assigned within the guidelines of the Staff Handbook and assessment policy of the school.
4. To promote and facilitate the general progress and well being of individual pupils in assigned groups providing appropriate educational guidance on matters relating to their subjects.
5. To participate in department meetings, appropriate school development meetings and INSET.
6. To participate in the school’s performance management arrangements.
7. To adhere to the school’s and department’s Health and Safety policy and procedures.
8. To be Tutor of an assigned Tutor Group and to carry out related duties in accordance with the general job description of a Tutor.
9. To carry out the duties defined in the Core Job Description attached
10. Any other tasks that are reasonably requested within the area of this responsibility
Other General Duties
1. To carry out a share of supervisory duties in accordance with the published schedules.
2. To assist in maintaining high standards both in the classroom and round the school.
- Teacher Application Form.docx  0.16 MB
- Information for Potential Applicants 2019-20 v2.166009688.pdf  0.92 MB
- Geography JD.pdf  0.14 MB
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||1788 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Woodbridge High School website (opens in a new window)|
St Barnabas Road, Woodford Green, Essex, IG8 7DQ