Teacher of Geography
Ormiston Bushfield Academy, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £24,373 to £35,971|
Ormiston Bushfield Academy is a good school (OFSTED - March 2016) with the recent inspection stating:
● Relationships between pupils and staff are positive and contribute substantially to the calm and productive learning environment
● Pupils are making very good progress
● Pupils behave well in lessons and around school
We have a state-of -the-art building, and in September 2018 a new wing was opened to accommodate our rapidly expanding sixth form- alongside new facilities for the MFL and Humanities department. We aim to give every student the opportunity to learn in an exciting and inspiring environment. The Academy is conveniently located close to the Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire & Lincolnshire borders and benefits from excellent road and rail links.
Required for September, we are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and inspirational teacher of geography. You will deliver outstanding teaching and learning in this key subject area at KS3, 4 and 5 and contribute to the delivery of history and religious studies at KS3. The successful candidate will support the leader of learning for geography in curriculum development across KS3 and continue to build upon the new resources for our GCSE specification at KS4 alongside the opportunity to develop A-level geography further at KS5. You will be committed to raising attainment and to utilise new independent learning strategies.
Geography is a highly respected subject as part of the Ebacc within the Academy and is an increasingly popular subject choice at both KS4 and KS5.
The geography team make a large contribution to the extra-curricular activities within the Academy and run a thriving Eco squad in addition to a debate team reflecting upon the key topic of sustainability. A number of external trips are also run by the department and these are key to ensuring students are engaged and enthused with the subject matter.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic Academy with a strong ethos of teamwork & support, where staff are committed to raising attainment. The Academy has been recognised for its high standards of inclusion. Visits to the Academy are encouraged and if this post has attracted your interest, we welcome enquirers to telephone for an informal discussion in the first instance.
We are seeking to appoint:
• A committed and motivated teacher of geography, with a clear vision to develop this subject area within our Academy
• An enthusiastic and experienced teacher/ strong NQT, with effective strategies to take the department and its students to the highest levels of achievement.
• A dynamic and creative classroom practitioner who can engage learners raising achievement for all.
• An enthusiast who will promote geography and the humanities, who can make it relevant and engaging for all our students
• A candidate able to offer strategic input to improve learning and attainment within the department
• A professional, hardworking and supportive humanities department with improving exam performance.
• New state of the art facilities.
• Innovative CPD programme.
• Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and are proud of their learning environment.
• The opportunity to make a major contribution to school improvement.
Application forms & further information about this post are available from our Website or from Maureen Roberts, Principal’s PA, by telephone or e-mail to email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications: Midday – Monday, 3rd February 2020
The Academy is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & young people & expects all staff & volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of two suitable references & a successful application for an enhanced disclosure from the DBS.
Essential educational requirements
An appropriate qualification in Geography to degree level.
Teaching qualification (QTS/PGCE).
Essential skills and experience
- Have the ability to deliver outstanding teaching and learning;
A committed and motivated teacher of geography, with a clear vision to develop this subject area within our Academy;
- An enthusiastic and experienced teacher/ strong NQT, with effective strategies to take the department and its students to the highest levels of achievement;
- A dynamic and creative classroom practitioner who can engage learners raising achievement for all;
- An enthusiast who will promote geography and the humanities, who can make it relevant and engaging for all our students;
- A candidate able to offer strategic input to improve learning and attainment within the department.
Innovative CPD programmeMore on how to apply
|School size||952 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Ormiston Bushfield Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About Ormiston Bushfield Academy
Ortongate, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE2 5RQ