A Key Stage Co-ordinator will be able to:
- Make consistent judgements based on careful analysis of available
data as evidence
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner
- Have good data analysis skills with the ability to synthesise the
information in reports and for departmental intervention action
- Have good communication skills, both written and oral
- Have good presentation skills with the ability to enthuse and
- Have good organisation skills
- Develop strategies for raising achievement /achieving excellence
- Design, implement and evaluate successful interventions following
the effective use of data to track and monitor the progress of
individual students and groups of students.
A Key Stage Co-ordinator should have experience of:
- Proven track record of outstanding practice in the classroom and
outcomes for young people
- Setting targets, monitoring progress and interventions and
evaluating their impact
- Working with colleagues in teams and across a school
- Working alongside other teachers in the development of learning
- Continuing professional development
- Writing schemes of work or be able to support in writing schemes
About The Palmer Catholic Academy
The Palmer Catholic Academy is a place where the Catholic faith is fostered and developed in the context of respect for each individual's freedom and dignity. Everyone is treated with respect, dignity and equality, regardless of sex, race or ability. The Academy works positively and tirelessly to counter the inequalities children may face outside school. We believe in the importance of building up the self-image and aspirations of all. Great importance is placed in developing a sense of community in the school as a whole and awareness in each student that they are cared for within the community. The spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of the students permeates the whole curriculum. Our aim is to provide a happy and secure learning environment, giving all our students the opportunity to develop spiritually, socially and succeed academically. We believe that education is wider than simple academic subjects and strive to provide a broad and balanced education. Nonetheless, the central importance of academic success is fully realised. We follow the example of our founder, Canon Patrick Palmer - to do all things to the Glory of God and the Service of all.
GCSE success continued in 2023 with 87% of students achieving 4+ in English, 86% 4+ in Maths and a Progress 8 score of +0.72, Disadvantaged Students +0.80. We are a 'well above average' provider.
The Palmer Catholic Academy offers a diverse range of CPD activities that meet the needs and requirements of all staff at various stages of their professional career. Professional Development Groups allow staff to opt in to sessions that focus on particular areas of pedagogy to deepen understanding and share good practice. Opportunities are also given to emerging leaders to lead on various initiatives across the academy.
The Palmer Catholic Academy is ideally located with excellent transport links for both buses and trains (Elizabeth Line - Seven Kings Station - 12 minutes from Stratford). Good local amenities.
The Palmer Catholic Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All posts are subject to preemployment checks.
References will be sought and the successful candidate will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Shortlisted candidates will be subject to online social media checks.
This job post has expired.