Teacher of Geography
2 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
23 March 2023 at 9am
9 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Geographyjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full Time
- Main Scale- Upper Pay Scale
What skills and experience we're looking for
Do you have the ambition and determination to secure positive outcomes for young people? Do you want to work in a forward-thinking and aspirational academy that places learning at the heart of everything it does, where your professional development is important to us and your innovation valued? If so we want to hear from you.
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a Geography Teacher to join our high performing, forward thinking and collaborative Geography department, and teach Geography at key stages 3 and 4. This position requires a qualified and dedicated Geography teacher with passion and drive, who believes that every student can achieve their full potential.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an inspiring teacher with real passion and enthusiasm for the subject with excellent subject knowledge.
- Be committed to delivering an excellent standard of teaching for all students every lesson.
- Set themselves and their students high standards and have high expectations.
- Be a good communicator and a strong team player.
- Have a willingness to contribute to the department and whole school projects, including the extracurricular life of the Academy.
- Have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments, particularly those relating to Geography.
What the school offers its staff
- Are a Rights Respecting Gold award school with a strong family ethos where individuals are respected and valued.
- Are committed to continuous improvement and creative and innovative in our approach to all aspects of school life.
- Offer a whole range of opportunities to further develop colleagues’ teaching skills and leadership potential.
- Are well resourced and ICT rich.
- Are part of the Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust that provides a full suite of benefits and rewards to support wellbeing including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, access to wellbeing advice, cycle to work scheme, contribution to glasses for DSE users.
‘Outstanding, resilient and loving’ is how one of our students described our school during our last Ofsted inspection, so we know you would love it here – our friendly, supportive staff always go the extra mile for their students. We are an Ofsted rated Good school, come and join us on our journey to Outstanding.
Further details about the role
NB CVs will not be accepted.
We value our people and are dedicated to making sure that everybody feels empowered to bring their authentic self to work. We have an outstanding opportunity to work at Saltley Academy as a Geography Teacher.
We promise to treat all candidates fairly, consistently and with respect throughout the application, assessment and selection process.
We are also “happy to talk flexible working” subject to the operational requirements of the role.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in theDBS filtering guide.
Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Saltley Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1252 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Saltley Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Arranging a visit to Saltley Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Ormiston SWB Academy
Dudley Street, Bilston, WV14 0LN
St Francis of Assisi Catholic College
Erdington Road, Walsall, West Midlands, WS9 0RN
Teacher of Humanities (Geography)
Upper Holland Road, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, B72 1RB
King Charles I School
Hill Grove House, Kidderminster, Worcestershire, DY10 1XA
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Birmingham and West Midlands