Teacher of Geography job summary
Full Time or Part Time
MPR / UPR
Required from September 2022
We are looking for a full or part time, committed and enthusiastic Teacher of Geography to join a large and well-resourced department with excellent results at all levels. The successful candidate will be required to teach geography to KS3, KS4 and KS5.
We wish to appoint a colleague who:
• is an outstanding teacher of geography, across all age and ability ranges
• has the flair, energy and ability to bring out the best in young people
• is eager to be a part of a very successful and hard-working department
The Piggott School Geography Department:
• consistently achieves ALPS Grade 2 for GCSE results
• is consistently ranked in the top 5% of geography departments in the country (FFT)
• has a four-year (2016-2019) A*- B average of 61% for A-Level geography
• has a four-year (2016-2019) D*- M average of 98% for Level 3 BTEC Travel and Tourism
• consistently attracts large cohorts at GCSE (currently 138 in Year 11 and 157 in Year 10)
• currently has 56 students studying for A-Level geography (6 classes across Y12 & Y13)
All staff are provided with laptops and tablet devices, have free access to our fitness suite/gym in the evenings and benefit from discounted Bupa healthcare.
The school is a mixed Church of England Academy with 1760 on roll situated near Twyford, between Maidenhead and Reading.
An application form can be found on our website at www.piggottschool.org To apply, please complete a covering letter and application form and e-mail to: email@example.com Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit to the school, please contact Jack Andrew, Head of Geography via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to Satisfactory Disclosure Clearance and a 'prohibition from teaching' check will be completed for all applicants. The school reserves the right to close this advert early in the event that sufficient applications have been received.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.