Teacher of Geography
This job expired on 17 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
17 April 2023 at 12pm (midday)
20 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Geographyjobs
- View all Full timejobs - This is a full time position, working 5 days a week.
What skills and experience we're looking for
- An ability to inspire, motivate and innovate within the vision, values and ethos of the school.
- High expectations of academic attainment, achievement and behaviour.
- Reflective and analytical and able to utilise assessment data to inform intervention.
- Is ambitious for themselves, their subject, their students and the school and understands the broad nature and importance of professional development.
- High level written and oral communication skills for a range of audiences.
- High level ICT skills.
- An ability to actively engage with students, parents, staff and governors the local community and in the life of the school.
- An ability to remain calm and perform well when working under pressure.
- A 'can do' attitude.
- A team player.
- A sense of humour
- Demonstrates energy, courage and determination.
- An understanding of the needs of students and how to remove barriers to learning.
- A knowledge of successful intervention strategies.
- An understanding of the welfare of young people in all respects and the issues surrounding the safeguarding of children and young people.
What the school offers its staff
Our school is continuing its journey towards providing an outstanding education for all our students and becoming the school of choice for Salisbury and the surrounding area.
Our school ethos is built firmly on our values and vision for young people, which you can find out more about in the recruitment information on our school website. Our aim is to develop open minded,flexible, resilient individuals, with the skills and attitudes to be successful in tomorrow’s society. Empowering young people to be the source of their own success, is our commitment in enabling our students towards a life fulfilled.
We are fortunate to have outstanding, forward-thinking staff, who continually develop their practice and we now wish to appoint a Geography teacher to compliment the teaching team.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Trafalgar School at Downton
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 764 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01725 550334
The Trafalgar School at Downton is a friendly, rural, secondary school set in the historic village of Downton on the edge of the New Forest National Park. Our values define us and underpin our ambition of a life fulfilled through empowerment: I am Strong & Spirited; I am Giving; I am Determined; I am Compassionate; I am Respectful; I am Open-Minded. We are committed to empowering young people to be the source of their own success.
Arranging a visit to The Trafalgar School at Downton
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Holloway Avenue, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH11 9JW
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Wiltshire and Swindon