Salary: MRP (M1-6)+ AET Wellbeing Cash Plan + Car Scheme + Pension Scheme (TPS) + Additional AET Benefits
Start Date: September 2024
Unity City Academy is an 11-16 Academy and proud to be part of the Academies Enterprise Trust family of schools. We are within easy access from Middlesbrough and the Tees Valley and close to the A19 motorway. We take from a very diverse catchment area which means that our students are at the heart of everything we do, and we challenge and support them to achieve their full potential. You will find our students to be engaging, proud to live in and give back to their community and are ready to learn - all we need is you!
Due to significant growth, we are seeking to appoint a Teacher of Geography who is:
* An outstanding practitioner, or who wishes to develop outstanding practice
* Has a love of learning and high expectations of student's achievement and behaviour
* Has excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
* Is a strong team player who will work in partnership with staff, governors, parents and the wider community
In return, we offer:
* Fantastic CPD, there is a wide range of personalised opportunities to develop your practice and further develop your career. As a team we support and challenge each other through meetings, peer observation, mentoring and team planning.
* Opportunities to join a career development programme in line with your professional development.
As a team we pride ourselves on our team spirit, we regularly share good practice and collaboratively plan lessons.
* Support for ECTs in all areas, with a bespoke CPD tailored to you.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It's what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you'll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we're inspiring.
Unity City Academy is a successful and growing provider of 11 to 16 education in the east end of Middlesbrough. The Academy has recently achieved an Ofsted "Good" rating in all categories and has over 900 students on roll, 64% of whom are pupil premium. UCA is part of AET which in turn means we have access to a wide range of training and educational opportunities.
Unity City Academy has an incredibly passionate staff body that strives to ensure that children do not just achieve academic excellence but that our students are worldwise, cultured and proud of their individuality.
As part of the UCA family you will have:
* A huge amount of job satisfaction working with the local community to best support young people in the school;
* Access to training and personal development packages such as the opportunity to complete a wide variety of NPQs;
* A robust CPD schedule which has different tiers depending upon your need and position within the academy and based upon the core principles of learning.
* The ability for career progression in a growing Academy;
* The opportunity to be brave and creative in well-resourced classrooms;
* The chance to work in an Academy which strives to be at the centre of its local community, providing the highest standards of education and a strong desire for every child to succeed;
School visits are welcome, to arrange please contact:
The role is due to commence: September 2024
Closing date: 3rd March 2024
Interviews are scheduled to take place as soon as possible after the closing date
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. Click here to apply: https://aet.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/4336?c=aet
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Academies Enterprise Trust and all of our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We adopt a robust, fair and consistent recruitment process which is inline with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance. This includes online checks for shortlisted candidates. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Visas cannot be sponsored.