- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Main Scale/UPS
Are you an inspirational and enthusiastic Geography Teacher looking for a new challenge? Do you have the teaching skills and personality required to motivate and energise pupils? Are you passionate about the Geography Curriculum and helping pupils to achieve their full potential?
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, highly organised and well-qualified Geography teacher to join our friendly and supportive Humanities Faculty and Geography Department. The successful candidate will be capable of inspiring pupils through their passion for the subject and have an excitement and drive for teaching and learning and a desire to make a difference to pupil achievement. Due to Washwood Heath Academy being an All through Academy, there is potential to teach pupils in Key Stage 3, 4 and 5 and work with colleagues in the Primary phase to develop a better understanding of how pupils develop geographical skills in Key Stage 1 and 2.
Washwood Heath Academy is a relatively new All Through Academy (Primary, Secondary and Sixth Form) in the East of Birmingham. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established Geography team and contribute to a Faculty that seeks to provide a first class education for all of its learners. In order for all pupils to achieve academic excellence, we deliver a knowledge-rich curriculum where teachers are the experts and their role it is to convey their knowledge and expertise to pupils. We believe that all pupils are entitled to learn about ‘The best, which has been thought and said’ (Matthew Arnold).
Our school is in a central location, with wonderful and enthusiastic pupils, amazing staff who always go the extra mile for their classes. Our friendly, family feel is part of the reason that parents choose Washwood Heath Academy for their children and a significant number of staff are long term employees. We are part of the Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust which is a family of local schools located within 15 minutes of one another: 4 Primary schools, 2 Secondary schools and 1 All-through school. This will give you the opportunity to grow and develop professionally with a fantastic Academy Trust that is very supportive and collaborative with a strong sense of community.
N.B. CVs will not be accepted
Washwood Heath Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Applying for the job
Please click on the link below to apply
https://www.mynewterm.com/school/Washwood-Heath-Academy/139888/EDV-2022-WHA-35634/Teacher-of-GeographyMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 4 to 18
- Education phase
- Primary, Middle, Secondary, 16-19
- School size
- 1679 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 18
About Washwood Heath Academy
We can offer you:
• A welcoming and positive school with children who are respectful and willing to learn.
• A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their potential, irrespective of their ability.
• A supportive and forward thinking Leadership team, consisting of ‘Leaders that know their school very well’ Ofsted 2020.
• A supportive and forward thinking Core Team of Directors and Trustees.
• A dynamic, dedicated and hard-working team of teachers and support staff who want the best for children.
• Confident, friendly and aspirational children who are willing to learn.
• A commitment to your continued professional development and wellbeing.
• Be part of the Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust that provides a full suite of benefits and rewards to support wellbeing including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, access to wellbeing advice, cycle to work scheme, contribution to glasses for DSE users.
• Onsite parking.
• A wonderful opportunity to make your own mark!
This post is suitable for an ECT or an experienced teacher who is looking for a new challenge.
Informal conversations are warmly welcomed. Please contact Georgina Bromilow, Head of Geography Department at: email@example.com