- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Geography, Humanities
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- QTS Pay Scale plus inner London Weighting
Woolwich Polytechnic School for Girls are looking to appoint an exceptional teacher of Geography with a dynamic and inspirational approach to teaching, an individual that will become an integral part of the department, who will support the department in achieving its ambitious targets and goals. We would like a teacher who believes in collaboration both for students and when working with colleagues. The ideal candidate will be expected to contribute to extra-curricular activities within the department as well as the pastoral life of the school
We are looking for a teacher who has:
• A genuine aptitude for teaching Geography, which is clearly demonstrated in the classroom
• A proven record of delivering high-quality lessons resulting in excellent outcomes.
• Ability to work within and add value to an already highly effective and motivated team.
• The ability to develop and constantly modify exceptional practice in-line with a continually changing climate.
• A desire to further raise overall achievement and success of Geography within the school.
As a member of staff at Woolwich Polytechnic School we can offer you:
• Opportunities for career progression
• Excellent professional development
• A contributory pension scheme
• Opportunities to collaborate with outstanding and dynamic teaching professionals
• Access to various discounts for a small monthly fee
• An employee assistance programme
• Childcare vouchers
• Season ticket loans
• Finders fees for personal introductions of staff that we employ
• Excellent catering facilities
• Secure on-site parking
PolyMAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all trustees, staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, along with other relevant employment checks, including overseas criminal background checks, where applicable. All new trustees, employees and volunteers will be required to undertake safeguarding training on induction, which will be regularly updated in line with statutory guidance.
The school is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 23 January. Interviews are scheduled to take place the beginning of February 2022.
Suitable candidates will be interviewed promptly upon receipt of application. The closing date will be brought forward in the event that the post is filled.
If you feel that this is a school for you, then please apply by completing the application form at www.woolwichpolygirls.com
We look forward to hearing from you.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- School size
- 472 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
About Woolwich Polytechnic school for Girls
We are a small but expanding MAT, our vision is ‘success for everyone’. There are currently two schools in the Trust, Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys, a highly successful all-inclusive boys’ school with a co-educational offer at Post 16, and the newly built Woolwich Polytechnic School for Girls, that is already making huge strides in the education arena. The schools pride themselves on a culture of high standards from staff and pupils. They are demanding yet rewarding schools where students and staff feel valued and supported.
Arranging a visit to Woolwich Polytechnic school for Girls
To arrange a school visit please contact Mrs A Cherry, HR Manager.