Pleckgate High School wishes to appoint a hardworking, enthusiastic and committed Teacher of Girls PE who is able to teach across the age and ability range up to and including KS4. The ability to teach PE is essential and the experience to teach Cambridge National Sports Studies and/or GCSE Physical Education is desirable but not essential. A commitment to provide opportunities for pupils to take part in extracurricular sports during and after school is essential. If you are experienced, enthusiastic, open to new ideas and have a flexible ‘can do’ approach to your teaching we would welcome an application from you.
The PE department at Pleckgate is a thriving, dynamic environment with a wide range of sports and extracurricular activities. The sports facilities at Pleckgate are outstanding and include a well-resourced fitness suite, sports hall, activity/dance studio, astro turf and multi-use outdoor spaces. The department strives for excellence and aims to be outstanding, delivering quality teaching and learning at all levels to develop an enthusiasm and passion for sport and physical education.
The Department’s strengths are the collegiate approach to teaching and learning through discussion and sharing best practice from an experienced team. PE remains a popular options subject at GCSE where the Cambridge National Sports Studies and/or GCSE Physical Education qualification is followed. This is a high-profile department that consistently produces good outcomes and offers exciting opportunities for pupils through regular extracurricular activities and sports leadership. You will play a key role in building on the strengths and successes of the PE department and the school.
- To deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for pupils
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of pupils as a teacher/form tutor.
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides pupils with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- To contribute to raising standards of pupil attainment.
- To share and support the Academy’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
What are the job requirements?
- Qualified Teacher Status.
- Passion for the study of physical education and working with young people.
- Commitment to outstanding teaching and learning practices, which result in successful outcomes for all our pupils.
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to curriculum development and extracurricular opportunities.
- Ability to deliver consistently high-quality lessons to pupils of all ages and abilities.
About Pleckgate High School:
We are a large secondary school under the sponsorship of the Education Partnership Trust (EPT), situated on the northern outskirts of Blackburn with Darwen. Our school community is made up of 1350 students and 180 staff with state of the art facilities that benefit both the school and local community. Pleckgate High School is a thriving multicultural community that places the best interests of young people at the heart of everything we do.
In January 2019, the school was judged as outstanding in all areas by Ofsted, a copy of the report can be downloaded as part of this pack. Inspectors found our school to have a "great sense of industry and endeavour" and described the school as "harmonious" with a "common goal to excel".
At Pleckgate everyone is committed to providing the best educational experiences and opportunities for our students. At the heart of the school's work is a commitment to high quality teaching and learning and achievement for all: for our students to be safe, happy and successful developing as individuals into caring, responsible citizens who participate fully in school life and are proud of their achievements. Every student at Pleckgate is encouraged to have ambitious goals and everybody is responsible for creating a culture of high expectations and academic excellence.
We are proud of our achievements - our examination success, our extra-curricular programme, our charity work and our community involvement. We are committed to the pursuit of outstanding teaching and learning alongside the highest possible academic, personal and moral standards. This commitment is built upon a shared belief in hard work, self-reflection and a culture of respect and support for others.
About the Education Partnership Trust (EPT):
EPT was established in 2012 as a multi-academy trust and is an approved academy sponsor. Our vision is to create outstanding schools which transform learning, lives and communities. We benefit from our diverse and unique range of schools which include secondary mainstream, alternative provision and special and have a proven track record of sustained improvement. Our schools are united by a drive to improve opportunities and outcomes for children and young people within a collaborative learning culture.
Our staff are our most valued asset so we continually invest in our colleagues and we believe that all teaching and support staff posts within our schools are key in terms of supporting pupil achievement and improving their life chances. As such we are keen to recruit dedicated and ambitious professionals who will add value to our schools and trust by helping our young people to succeed.
“If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do, we want you to work for Education Partnership Trust.”
Our extensive range of rewards and benefits include:
- Healthcare cash back plan provided free by the trust includes optical, dental, physio, diagnostics, health assessment, NHS prescription charges, hospital cover, discounted gym memberships plus lots more.
- Employee Assistance Programme, including counselling, CBT, and wellbeing initiatives.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Access to government pension schemes.
- Free parking.
- Electric Car Scheme (Salary Sacrifice).
- Training, mentoring and progression opportunities including our Emerging Leaders programmes.
- Trust wide intranet to share knowledge and resources.
Incomplete application forms will not be shortlisted, if you need to discuss a reason for being unable to complete a section, please contact the recruitment team HR@ept-uk.com
We warmly welcome an informal visit or a conversation prior to application. Please contact Mary Wade - email@example.com
Please be advised, as part of due diligence checks, online searches will be carried out on shortlisted candidates.
Education Partnership Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
Education Partnership Trust is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job post has expired.