Brooklands School is looking to appoint an inspirational and highly motivated Teacher of Girls PE with a real passion and determination to make a significant difference in every lesson.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of outstanding and engaging lessons across all year groups and to carry out the functions of a teacher in accordance with the Teacher Standards and the stated aims and objectives of Brooklands Middle School and the Department.
● In consultation with the Head of Department, to plan, design and produce teaching materials and resources which are appropriate to age and ability
● In accordance with scheme of work, plan, deliver and review lessons which are appropriate to the age and ability of the students so as to facilitate progression in students’ learning
● Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of the students assigned to him or her
● Manage the classroom and teaching equipment so as to create a positive learning environment which makes effective use of available resources.
● Attend meetings, carry out administrative tasks and duties as specified in the Staff Handbook
● Provide and facilitate the general progress and well-being of any individual student within any group of students assigned to him or her, providing guidance and advice to students on educational and social matters
● Implement the school’s policy with regard to registration, student absence, dress code and enforce rules relating to behaviour and health and safety
● Participate in full staff and departmental meetings and to contribute to the school’s decision making and consultation procedures
● Establish individual active links with industry and business in order to extend both student learning and own professional development
Applying for the job
An application form can be downloaded from the school website - www.brooklandsschool.co.uk
575 pupils enrolled
9 to 13
About Brooklands Middle School
At Brooklands our aim is to provide a caring, safe, secure, happy and protective environment in which each child can develop their full potential. This is encapsulated in our mission statement “Ready, Respectful, Safe”.
Arranging a visit to Brooklands Middle School
Visits to the school are usually welcome from prospective candidates but due to Covid restrictions please contact the school office if a visit is required.
Phone: 01525 372018
Brooklands Drive, Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire, LU7 3PF