Teacher of Girls' PE
The Governors wish to appoint an excellent and versatile Teacher of Girls’ PE to work within a friendly, supportive and hardworking team. We welcome applications from both well qualified teachers and those who are at the beginning of their career.
We are looking for candidates with excellent teaching and organisation skills. The successful candidate will be an innovative classroom practitioner with high expectations and have the ability to inspire student to be the best they can.
Cardinal Newman is a community where every individual is valued and expected to excel. The school is based on the south coast in the exciting and vibrant City of Brighton & Hove, East Sussex. We have a capacity of 2300 students, including 450 students in our state of the art Sixth Form building. In return the school can offer a strong and supportive community of colleagues, students and parents, and a culture of providing regular support for personal and professional development.
This is a Maternity Cover Position
Essential educational requirements
Successful teaching experience at either school(s) or on main teaching practice
• Degree qualification
• PGCE or equivalent
• Qualified teacher status (from start of contract)
Essential skills and experience
• Be able to demonstrate excellent practice within relevant Key Stage(s) – meeting all publishes teaching standards.
• Own a clearly developed set of strategies for successful classroom management
• Have developed their own clearly developed set of principles that show a current understanding of teaching and learning
• An ambitious subject specialist who is keen to participate in their own professional development as well as that of the department
About Cardinal Newman Catholic School
- The Upper Drive, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 6ND
- LA Maintained School
- Cardinal Newman Catholic School website (opens in a new window)