Pleckgate High School wishes to appoint a hardworking, enthusiastic and committed Teacher of PE who is able to teach across the age and ability range up to and including KS4. The ability to teach PE is essential and the experience to teach Cambridge National Sports Studies is desirable but not essential. A commitment to provide opportunities for pupils to take part in extracurricular sports during and after school is essential. If you are experienced, enthusiastic, open to new ideas and have a flexible ‘can do’ approach to your teaching we would welcome an application from you.
The PE department at Pleckgate is a thriving, dynamic environment with a wide range of sports and extracurricular activities. The sports facilities at Pleckgate are outstanding and include a well-resourced fitness suite, sports hall, activity/dance studio, astro turf and multi-use outdoor spaces. The department strives for excellence and aims to be outstanding, delivering quality teaching and learning at all levels to develop an enthusiasm and passion for sport and physical education.
The Department’s strengths are the collegiate approach to teaching and learning through discussion and sharing best practice from an experienced team. PE remains a popular options subject at GCSE where the Cambridge National Sports Studies qualification is followed. This is a high-profile department that consistently produces good outcomes and offers exciting opportunities for pupils through regular extracurricular activities and sports leadership. You will play a key role in building on the strengths and successes of the PE department and the school.
- To deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for pupils
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of pupils as a teacher/form tutor.
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides pupils with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- To contribute to raising standards of pupil attainment.
- To share and support the Academy’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
What are the job requirements?
- Qualified Teacher Status.
- Passion for the study of physical education and working with young people.
- Commitment to outstanding teaching and learning practices, which result in successful outcomes for all our pupils.
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to curriculum development and extracurricular opportunities.
- Ability to deliver consistently high-quality lessons to pupils of all ages and abilities.
Amongst the many benefits of working within the Trust you will receive:
- Healthcare cash back plan provided free by the Trust includes optical, dental, physio, diagnostics, health assessment, NHS prescription charges, hospital cover, discounted gym memberships plus lots more.
- 6 sessions of free counselling including CBT, wellbeing and bereavement.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Electric Car Scheme (Salary Sacrifice)
- Access to Teachers’ pension scheme.
- Free parking
- Training and development opportunities
- Personal development and promotion opportunities across the Trust
- Trust wide focus on staff wellbeing
- Trust wide Intranet to share knowledge and resources
For further information or visits to the school please contact email@example.com
Closing date: 23rd June 2023 at 09:00
Interview date: 27th June 2023
Incomplete application forms will not be shortlisted, if you need to discuss a reason for being unable to complete a section, please contact the recruitment team HR@ept-uk.com
Applications for this exciting post are to be made through https://ept.face-ed.co.uk/vacancies
This job post has expired.