Teacher of Girls PE
This job expired on 17 April 2023
Job start date
1 September 2023
17 April 2023 at 9am
24 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - Full-Time
- Main Pay Scale
What skills and experience we're looking for
Are you passionate about teaching? Are you looking to join a thriving school? Do you want to be supported in your career development? Then come and join us at The Burgate School and Sixth Form.
The Burgate School and Sixth Form is seeking to appoint an inspiring and forward-thinking teacher of Girls PE to join our successful team in September 2023.
ability to teach Girls Rugby and Girls Football is essential as is the ability
to offer a second subject in addition to PE.
The successful candidate will:
- Be dedicated and passionate about delivering outstanding lessons across the ability range.
- Be able to inspire, motivate and challenge students ensuring all students achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Be able to demonstrate and model excellence in the classroom.
- Have excellent subject knowledge and a passion for PE.
- Be able to offer a second subject in addition to PE.
- Be able to teach girls rugby and football.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and share the school's vision and ethos.
- Have an ability to build positive relationships with students, parents and colleagues.
- Have a commitment to safeguarding.
You are advised to submit your applications as soon as possible as, on occasion, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date, if we have received sufficient applications that meet the criteria, or a suitable candidate is found. We advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.
What the school offers its staff
The Burgate School and Sixth Form provides high quality comprehensive education for children aged between 11 and 18 and enjoys an excellent reputation within the community for our high standards.
Our vision of wanting every student to enjoy their learning and feel valued for who they are together with our shared values of Kindness, Honesty, Fairness, Ambition, Confidence, Inclusivity, Enthusiasm, and Creativity underpins all aspects of Burgate school life.
The Burgate School and Sixth Form can offer:
- A supportive school community with friendly colleagues who are always happy to help each other and who have a passion for continuous improvement.
- Superb support for ECTs including your own dedicated mentor, a reduced teaching timetable and a successful induction programme.
- Excellent opportunities for and a commitment to ongoing professional development to support your individual career.
- A collaborative working environment with a strong support network.
- Laptop for all teaching staff.
- Great location. The school is on the edge of the New Forest with extensive grounds.
- Free onsite parking.
- Cycle to work scheme.
This role offers an exceptional opportunity to the successful candidate. If you wish to join us, we look forward to hearing from you.
The Burgate School and Sixth Form is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Burgate School and Sixth Form
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1066 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01425 652039
The Burgate School and Sixth Form converted to a Single Academy Trust in May 2011. We are a popular, Hampshire school, situated in expansive grounds on the outskirts of Fordingbridge in Hampshire, providing high quality comprehensive education for children aged between 11 and 18. We enjoy an excellent reputation within the local community for our high standards. We offer a broad curriculum covering a wide range of subjects at GCSE and A Level which are delivered by a highly qualified and caring team of professional teachers and support staff who are committed to offering the highest quality of education to the students alongside a creative approach to learning that inspires curiosity, builds collaboration, helps develop resilience and encourages flexibility of thought. Our school vision is that we want every child to enjoy their learning and feel valued for who they are. We believe that Every Burgate Child Matters and we recognise all of our students as individuals, encouraging each to reach their full potential. We have high aspirations for every student and are committed to raising standards of achievement and nurturing a culture of high expectations to drive success for each student in a safe, supportive and friendly environment. We want to support our students in becoming independent learners, as well as confident and responsible young people thereby achieving our motto of Learning for Life.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Hampshire