Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Fixed term (1 year (until July 2022 or post-holders return if earlier))
MPS/UPS (£25,714 - £41,604 p.a.)
We have a fantastic opportunity for an outstanding and highly motivated Teacher of PE to join the Academy from July 2021.
This vacancy is exempt under the Equality Act 2010 pursuant to schedule 9, part 1, and is open to female applicants only.
This contract is temporary to cover the maternity of the substantive post-holder until July 2022 or the post-holders return if earlier.
The post-holder will work at Winterbourne Academy and will benefit from the opportunities offered by a large and successful family of schools. The Olympus Academy Trust (OAT) is a partnership of schools, currently comprising nine South Gloucestershire schools; one all-through, three secondary and five primary academies.
The successful candidate will be required to deliver high quality lessons, motivate, challenge and inspire our students. They will:
• be an excellent classroom practitioner with the ability to raise standards of provision and outcomes
• have the ability to establish successful and productive relationships with students, parents and staff
• have an active commitment to extra-curricular clubs and fixtures
• have knowledge of teaching a wide range of sporting activities
• have the presence and drive to raise the profile of physical education within the academy and beyond
• have a strong sense of team work and a willingness to contribute and a desire to improve their own and the faculty’s practice.
Both newly qualified teachers and experienced teachers are welcome to apply.
Closing Date: Sunday, 28th February 2021 - We recommend early application as the academy reserves the right to close the advert prior to the stated deadline date
Interview Date: TBC
The Olympus Academy Trust - Winterbourne Academy is committed to creating a dynamic and diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their age, gender, disability, race or ethnicity, sexual orientation or faith. We have procedures in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process.
The Olympus Academy Trust - Winterbourne Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff, volunteers and candidates for vacant posts are expected to share this commitment. Suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. Where given permission to do so, references will be requested for shortlisted candidates prior to interview. Candidates attending an interview should expect the interview panel to explore issues relating to safeguarding and commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to vetting, including an enhanced DBS check.
* Collaborative working within our shared family of Schools
* Excellent CPD opportunities
* Competitive rates of pay, in line with national rates
* Onsite parking
* Onsite canteen
* Cycle to Work scheme
* Discounted gym membership
* Employer contributing Pension Scheme
* Staff recognition scheme
* Lunches in exchange for a contribution to student enrichment
* Annual Flu Jab
* Fantastic facilities
Applying for the job
Interested parties are warmly invited to submit an OAT Application Form outlining reasons for applying and suitability for the role. Please download the candidate information pack for more information.