Teacher of Girls PE (with second subject)
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic and suitably qualified PE teacher to join our team. The post is permanent, full-time or part-time and would be suitable for either an NQT or an experienced teacher. You will be required to teach across the age and ability range through Years 7 to 11.
The person appointed will be joining a committed, experienced and friendly team of staff within a highly successful PE department; the school is currently Bedford Borough’s Sporting School of the Year. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the extensive range of extra-curricular opportunities we provide at school.
Applications from teachers with a good qualification in a second subject, ideally an EBacc subject although other subjects would be considered, will be warmly welcomed.
It is very important for the successful applicant to be:
• an enthusiastic teacher of PE;
• able to work co-operatively with a team of teachers;
• aware of the importance of the organisation of different teaching strategies which underpin successful learning situations;
• able to devise active learning situations for groups of children;
• willing to undertake class teacher responsibilities including the pastoral and welfare oversight of children;
• able to attend and contribute to regular meetings
The school operates a no smoking policy.
Essential educational requirements
Good honours degree or equivalent in relevant subject
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Successful experience teaching science in the middle/secondary sector (or placements for NQTs)
Westfield Health health cover
Bike to Work scheme
About Goldington Academy
- Haylands Way, Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK41 9BX
- Goldington Academy website (opens in a new window)