Teacher of Girls Physical Education
Redden Court School, a place where “Pupils are enthusiastic about
coming to school to learn.” (OFSTED SEPTEMBER 2016)
Would you like to move your career forward in a friendly environment with eager students and support from an experienced faculty, in one of the best schools in our Local Authority? We are oversubscribed, serve Harold Wood well and we are only twenty minutes from the heart of London.
Our staff turnover is low because teachers come to us and realise our grass is indeed greener. We invest in our staff to help them to become the best possible teachers they can be. There are excellent opportunities for people who work hard. Effort is often recognised in career development. Many who came to us as NQTs now have substantial leadership roles. Our CPD programme and collegiate approach are highly effective. Staff morale is high and so is that of our students and their community.
Our school mantra is "Committed to Success for All." That includes our staff and we want the very best for our students. OFSTED recently said we “have created an inclusive community where pupils and staff relate well to each other. The school is focused on working with families to raise aspirations for pupils.”
If you are an inspiring, enthusiastic Teacher of Girls Physical Education who recognises that the best practitioners always want to improve, we would like to talk to you. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a forward thinking school. The candidate must be able to teach GCSE PE.
If you would like to speak to the Head Teacher, Mr P Ward, please feel free to telephone the school.01708 342293. We welcome visits to the school from potential applicants.
Thank you for taking the time to consider joining the talented staff team here at Redden Court School and The Success for All Educational Trust. I am very proud to be the Headteacher of Redden Court and the Executive Headteacher of a Trust that is committed to the success of all students in our care.
Notable Achievements in recent years:
• We have recently been re-accredited as a Thinking School by the CEDU at the University of Exeter
• In 2019 we were awarded the ‘Quality in Careers’ standard for our work in this area
• The school received 2 awards from SSAT for the Progress and Attainment of students in 2016 and 2 awards in the same categories for 2017
• In the Havering Learning Partnership Awards 2019 we received the award for Wellbeing and in 2018 we received awards for Best Progress in the “Open” Subjects and an Enrichment Award for Most Innovative Technology Project. In 2017 we received awards for Best Progress Overall, Best Progress Made by Disadvantaged Students, Best Progress Made by More Able Students, Best Progress for “Open” Subjects, Best Progress in Mathematics, Best Progress in Humanities, Most Improved Attainment in the EBacc 2016
• In 2016, Ofsted recognised the progress made by the school and the fact that we have created an inclusive community where we focus on working with families to raise aspirations
We pride ourselves on being a fully comprehensive school placed at the heart of the community. We want all of our students to be happy, ambitious and to achieve results that reflect their true potential.
Our school has served the local community of Harold Wood for many years, providing a high quality education to the students of this area.
Our vision is focused on a ‘Commitment to Success for All’ and high levels of aspiration for every member of our community. The school is forward thinking and progressive. We seek to achieve the very best for all of our students through the use of a rich variety of educational approaches. We have caring staff who are dedicated to ensuring the students are successful in every aspect of their learning.
We are an accredited ‘Thinking School’ and have very close links with the Cognitive Education Development Unit at the University of Exeter. Metacognition and the development of thinking skills is at the heart of our teaching and learning in the school as we believe it plays an important part in developing resilient and independent learners.
We are a growing community Trust with inclusion at the heart of our ethos and require leaders who will bring this vision to life.
These are exciting times for Redden Court School with so much change and challenge in the future.
Perceptions play a major part in your decision when choosing the right school for you to lead and build a successful career. We strongly urge you to come and visit the school prior to application.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
If you are an inspiring, enthusiastic Teacher of Girls Physical Education who recognises that the best practitioners always want to improve, we would like to talk to you. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a forward thinking school. The candidate must be able to teach GCSE PE. The ability to teach high quality lessons in netball, athletics and basketball would be desirable. The candidate must be available to run extra-curricular clubs before, during and after school.
Redden Court is the lead school in the Success for All Educational Trust and is recognised as one of the highest performing mixed comprehensive schools in Havering. The MAT will expand over the next few years to incorporate both local Secondary and Primary Schools and currently includes 3 Secondary Schools.
We also have very strong links with the Havering Teacher Training Programme, we are a senior partner in the Empower Teaching Alliance and we are recognised as a Leading Edge School by the SSAT. The school has also been accredited with Investors in People (Silver), Healthy Schools (Gold), The International School Award, The Safeguarding Standard, Gold Travel Ambassadors Award and is a Fairtrade School.
• Support towards achieving further qualifications
• Leadership programmes
• Progression opportunities
• Teacher Training Programme
• Pension – teaching staff access Teacher Pension Scheme and Associate Staff access Local Government Pension Scheme
• All teaching staff are allocated a Chromebook
Health and Wellbeing:
• Schools Advisory Service offering:
o Access 24 hours a day to a GP Helpline where you can have a telephone consultation for you and close relatives.
o Access to Physiotherapy
o Access to a counselling service
o Free 12 week Weight Management Programme
o Support for stress management
o Lifestyle Screening
o Relationship Counselling
o Long Term Condition support - Support for you and family members where you or a member of your family is suffering from a long term condition such as cancer, Multiple Sclerosis or Motor Neurones Disease. This list is not exhaustive.
o Private Medical Service
o Stress Counselling
About Redden Court School
- Cotswold Road, Romford, Essex, RM3 0TS
- Redden Court School website (opens in a new window)