Teacher of Health and Social Care
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an inspirational teacher of Health and Social Care to join our expanding team of staff, from January 2020. This post is suitable for an NQT or a more experienced teacher. Health and Social Care is growing in popularity at Whitley Academy and we currently offer Pearson BTEC level 2 at KS4 and BTEC level 3 at KS5. While the majority of your time would be spent teaching Health and Social Care, there would also be a need to possibly teach a second subject. You will be a highly motivated individual who is determined to make a significant impact on young people’s learning and development.
The successful candidate must be:
- Able to teach Health and Social Care to at least KS5 and one other subject to at least KS3.
- Committed to making a difference,
- Passionate about Health and Social Care and its impact on learning, with the ability to motivate pupils and achieve excellent results,
- Someone who has high expectations of both pupils and colleagues and
- Someone who can work well as part of a team and is committed to their professional development.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified teacher status or NQT year
Essential skills and experience
• The ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with staff.
• The ability to work as a member of a team.
• The ability to handle potentially difficult situations sensitively.
• An appreciation of the importance of establishing and developing a good professional working relationship with pupils, parents and where appropriate with Governors, the local community, partner schools and other external agencies.
• The ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written form.
• The ability to meet deadlines.
• The ability to teach Health and Social Care effectively from Y9 - Y13 and one other subject up to at least KS3.
• A commitment to comprehensive education.
• A willingness to contribute to subject, faculty and whole school developments.
- A positive and innovative learning culture,
- An ambitious senior leadership team with a clear vision for the Academy,
- Access to high quality training and leadership experiences for all staff.
- Bespoke programme of NQT/RQT training and support including opportunities for development at middle and senior leader level as appropriate (NPQML, SLE, NPQSL).
About Whitley Academy
When staff, students and families walk through our gates and onto our site they belong to the Whitley Academy community. In our community, we are proud of our school and are committed to supporting all staff and students to be the best they can be.
- Abbey Road, Coventry, West Midlands, CV3 4BD
- Whitley Academy website (opens in a new window)