Teacher of Health & Social Care
The Manor Academy, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Subject||Health and social care|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,688|
The Manor Academy has an excellent reputation for its high standards of teaching, student behaviour and academic achievement. Ofsted recognised the journey we have been on when recently grading us as a “good” school, citing that the quality of education has been transformed since the last inspection.
We are looking to appoint a Health and Social Care teacher from September 2020 to join our vibrant department.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, resourceful and keen to ensure that the highest possible standards of pupil achievement, personal development and well-being are achieved. The post would equally suit a confident and ambitious NQT or an experienced teacher with excellent subject knowledge, a willingness to learn and a passion for teaching.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in a relevant subject.
Qualified Teacher Status or completion of training programme.
Essential skills and experience
Relevant teaching experience in secondary education, either through a training programme or current post.
Experience of using data to inform planning, target setting and to secure improvements.
Experience of successfully implementing successful teaching and learning strategies.
Excellent subject knowledge with a passion for the subject area.
Knowledge of the National Curriculum including latest developments, initiatives and current issues.
Knowledge of effective assessment strategies.
Clear understanding of successful strategies for raising achievement.
Good knowledge of pedagogy, how students learn and teaching styles.
Understanding and commitment to social inclusion.
Why join us?
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. This Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for staff. We are easily reached by public transport, and for those who drive, there is a large free staff carpark. We have some excellent facilities for staff and our students really want to learn and achieve.
• Competitive pay scales -our pay scales for Leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales.
• An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options.
• The ability to work flexibly
• Career-Average pension scheme
• A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development and career
• Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust
• A stimulating and supportive working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals
• Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and experience and to progress your career
|School size||988 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||The Manor Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About The Manor Academy
Park Hall Road, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG19 8QA