- No, visa sponsorship not available
- Fixed term - 1 year temporary contract
Full-time equivalent salary
Teacher of History - 1 Year Temporary Contract job summary
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational teacher of History for September 2022, to join our vibrant, experienced, cohesive and successful team. The post is on a temporary contract for 1 year. As a College our ambition is for all students to achieve levels of success which surpass their expectations. Crookhorn College was judged as a good school by OFSTED in 2019 and we are proud of the ethos and community feel of the College.
We are looking for someone who is:
• passionate about all aspects of learning in History;
• possessed of excellent subject knowledge and personal initiative;
• ambitious for their students’ futures;
• inspirational and enthusiastic with high expectations of themself and their students;
• able to motivate and enthuse students, regardless of background or ability;
• able to serve student progress through excellent quality first teaching;
• able to work as part of a team and teach across the age and ability range;
• ready to contribute to the next stage of the Department’s development; and
• ambitious for their own professional and career development.
In return we offer:
• a supportive and welcoming community of professionals who value and support its staff;
• coaching for every member of staff;
• excellent opportunities and preparation for career development;
• high quality professional learning opportunities.
The post will provide excellent opportunities and preparation for career development in a College that values and supports its staff. Crookhorn is committed to a coaching culture for all its staff.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Further details and an application form are available via our website: www.crookhorn.hants.sch.uk or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For an informal discussion please contact James Collins, Deputy Headteacher at email@example.com or extension 248.
This job post has expired.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Crookhorn College
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 16
- School size
- 889 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
Crookhorn College stands for four core principles: Respect, Commitment, Responsibility and Achievement.
These are known collectively as our Cornerstones and underpin every aspect of life at the College. Learning at Crookhorn is dynamic, exciting and focused, and opportunities for personal development flourish.
As a College, our ambition is for students to achieve levels of success which surpass their expectations. As a community, we aim that no child ever feels ‘lonely’ in the classroom, fearful of learning or afraid of making a mistake. Our aspiration is for them to be the future leaders in their chosen field and it’s my passion to facilitate this journey; the learning journey itself becomes the passion of the student.
We nurture creativity together with sound moral values, and self-awareness with self-esteem which, coupled with our academic yet balanced curriculum, this enables us to grow confident young individuals who are ready to meet the challenges and enjoy the opportunities that life presents to them as the ‘next generation’.