- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status). NQTs welcome to apply
The right candidate will have:
- A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
- High standards of communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work as a team
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Evidence of ‘Good+’ teaching and a passion for raising achievement, attainment and aspirations
- Creative energy in planning, teaching and a dynamic presence in the classroom
- A flexible approach to engaging learners of differing levels of ability
- Commitment to collaborative working, peer support and reflective practice
- Approachability and a sense of humour, alongside a professional demeanour
- The desire and ability to further their practice and professional development
- H&S training relevant to the role
We are looking for a passionate History Teacher, to deliver high quality lessons while successfully nurturing and inspiring our children during maternity cover. This is a great opportunity to join a forward thinking team, who are dedicated to supporting our children in reaching their potential. You will have the opportunity to grow professionally, develop teaching and wider professional skills and make a huge contribution to the ever-growing success and reputation of our academy. Candidates of all levels of experience are encouraged to apply.
This is a unique opportunity to teach across the two key stages. You will be expected to teach across Year 6, 7 and 8 providing our pupils with the skills and experiences to achieve when they attend high school. A knowledge of KS2 and KS3 is an advantage, but we understand that secondary trained professionals would have a good grasp of exam based practice but not necessarily with younger pupils. Likewise, any primary trained applicants would need support and to gain experience within KS3. This is a normal experience for a middle school where relevant training and support will be given to the successful applicant during their introduction to the school and future development.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and criminal background check via the disclosure procedures. Also as per The Department for Education Statutory guidance, in accordance with the “Keeping Children Safe in Education” legislation latest version that came into effect on 1st September 2022, shortlisted candidates will be subject to an online search as part of our due diligence.
Birchensale Middle School is committed to the protection, safety and welfare of its pupils and staff and we aim for the highest standards in safeguarding procedures. We expect all staff and volunteers to share and promote this commitment.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps