Teacher of History (fixed-term maternity cover)
The Cooper School is currently seeking to appoint a dynamic and passionate Teacher of History to join our highly successful History department from January 2020. This is a fixed-term appointment until 31st August 2020 to cover a period of maternity leave.
We are seeking applicants with a strong subject knowledge who have the ability to inspire students to achieve their full potential. They will share the academy’s vision that all children can succeed and be reflective practitioners that contribute to a high performing team.
For an informal discussion of the post please contact Miss Grainne O’Hanlon, Acting Head of Department by email go’email@example.com.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Human Resources to make arrangements by telephone on 01869 362697 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential educational requirements
Well-qualified graduate with appropriate degree
PGCE/Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• Curriculum development work
• Experience across the age and ability range
• Ability to work in a team
• Excellent classroom skills
• Creativity and flexibility
• Commitment to developing teaching and learning
• Commitment to raising attainment
• Commitment to ‘More Able’ provision
We can offer you:
• the opportunity to work with experienced and value driven colleagues;
• an innovative and supportive working environment;
• caring, well behaved and motivated students;
• a genuinely happy and friendly academy community;
• a commitment to Continual Professional Learning and Development;
• strong links with and support from the wider academy;
• an energetic, vibrant and diverse environment where everyone is valued;
• the opportunity to use Google’s GSuite for Education.
About The Cooper School
At The Cooper School, we pride ourselves on being forward thinking in terms of curriculum decisions which support our students; focused on improving learning through the use of new technologies and determined to continuously refine our approaches to teaching and learning. Investing in the Media Suite reflects a small part of our approach to making learning engaging, relevant and active for our students. Joining us as a member of staff at The Cooper School means being able to see the big picture for the students here. It means that whilst we always strive for academic excellence, we also place great value upon students becoming adaptable, resourceful and enquiring. These are the sort of skills that will enable them to become effective citizens, just as much as their academic results will. As such, we encourage independent learning, enrichment initiatives and House-based teamwork and co-operation. Working here is an opportunity to flourish as a professional. We ‘grow our own’ leaders. Many new staff have taken on additional responsibilities which is a mark of their quality and commitment to making progress in their own careers as well as their desire to become part of a successful and positive organisation.
- Churchill Road, Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX26 4RS
- The Cooper School website (opens in a new window)