Are you looking for a challenge; one which will excite you, develop your career and allow you to flourish?
Why not join the Fortis Family? We are looking to appoint an innovative, dynamic and enthusiastic Teacher of
Science who can engage students and ignite their academic potential.
The successful candidate will find our students
enthusiastic, eager to learn and willing to co-operate. Most importantly, our students will enjoy working with you.
You will be joining a friendly, happy, vibrant 11-18 Academy which is highly successful, serving a multi-cultural and
diverse community, where your innovation, creativity and passion will be valued and fostered.
Support from established and experienced colleagues is available and therefore the post is suitable for a newly
qualified teacher or a more experienced teacher wishing to gain further experience.
Fortis Academy was launched in September 2020 and encompasses a rich and harmonious multicultural community
and is committed to the development of all students with many staying on in our highly successful Sixth Form.
From September 2022, we are launching our Digital Transformation Strategy, where students will learn by iPad and
staff will develop their skills of teaching and learning though Apple Technology as well as in the traditional way.
is an exciting opportunity for a progressive and ambitious teacher.
You should be:
• Passionate about your subject and have an appetite to inspire young people
• Driven to ensure excellent student progress for students of all abilities
• Hardworking, imaginative and have excellent organisational and time management skills
• A dedicated team player who wants to work and engage with colleagues at all levels
Colleagues within the Trust benefit from:
• Access to a full range of courses both in-house and professionally accredited. These courses
includes all of the National Professional Qualifications – NPQH, NPQSL, NPQML.
• High quality subject and thematic networks across the Trust and the region.
• Experienced leadership and subject-specific support.
• Guidance from former HMIs and serving Ofsted Inspectors within the Trust.
• Access to the Trust’s Teaching School, Research School, Institute of Education and SCITT.
• Opportunities to work with different schools within the Trust as a Professional Advocate.
• Participating in peer reviews.
• Access to a suite of online courses.
• Placement projects within our family of schools.
The Shaw Education Trust offer the following benefits with your employment:
• Teachers Pension
• Access to health and wellbeing support via Occupational Health
• Cycle to work scheme
• Access to our Institute of Education and fantastic opportunities to help you grow, contribute
and flourish in your role and in the Trust.
Informal conversations for this post are warmly welcomed and potential candidates are invited to contact the
Headteacher, Mr. Czepukojć, at school on 0121 366 6611.
Fortis Academy’s website (http://fortisacademy.org.uk) offers candidates a wealth of up-to-date information about
the Academy; its ethos and aims, day to day life, and news items covering a wide range of events and activities.
Application forms and guidance notes can all be downloaded from our website
https://fortisacademy.org.uk/teaching-jobs/. Please email your completed application form and covering letter to
our Business Manager, Alex Darkes email@example.com