Teacher of History
3 days remaining to apply
Start date details
5 June 2023 at 11:59pm
23 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Historyjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Directed
- MPS/UPS (Outer London) + £1,500 Harris Allowance
+ Performance and Loyalty Bonus + Pension Scheme (TPS) + Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan + Additional Harris Benefits
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are seeking an outstanding Teacher of History to work within our high performing Academy.
The successful candidate will have:
- A good Honours degree
- Postgraduate teaching qualification
- Evidence of successful teaching experience
- Evidence of consistently good teaching and learning
- The ability to use ICT effectively to engage students
- An understanding of how to use assessment to inform planning for good teaching and learning
- The ability to differentiate materials to meet the needs of learners
- Evidence of pastoral experience
- An interest in the wider curriculum
What the school offers its staff
Harris City Academy Crystal Palace is a mixed Academy for 1,300 students aged 11-18, with a large sixth form of nearly 400 students. The Academy has three consecutive Outstanding judgments by Ofsted, with the most recent inspection in 2014 finding the Academy to be Outstanding in every aspect. We are a consistently high performing school. Our motto, ‘All Can Achieve' encapsulates our vision that all members of the Academy community are supported and encouraged to achieve their absolute potential. We believe that a well-supported and valued staff body is the key to our success.
We are the ‘Teaching School Hub' for Croydon and Sutton and we are able to offer all teachers an extensive programme of first class professional development. Harris City Academy Crystal Palace is part of the Harris Federation and this enables us to offer you a comprehensive induction programme and training and development opportunities to support your career development including Masters and other qualifications.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan, electric car scheme, and many other benefits.
Further details about the role
The purpose of your role will be:
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher/form tutor.
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- To contribute to raising standards of student attainment.
- To share and support the Academy's responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About Harris City Academy Crystal Palace
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1294 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0208 771 2261
Harris City Academy Crystal Palace is a pioneering academy for 1,300 students aged 11-18, and celebrated its 25th anniversary last academic year. The founding academy of the Harris Federation, it has three consecutive outstanding judgments by Ofsted, most recently finding the academy to be outstanding in every aspect in 2014. It is one of the most oversubscribed comprehensive schools in the country and in the top 5% for performance. Come and see us in action: visits to Harris City Academy Crystal Palace are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please call 0208 771 2261 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation with the Principal.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of the Deaf & Head of the Hearing Resource Base
The Langley Academy
Langley Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL3 7EF
Holy Trinity CofE Secondary School, Crawley
Buckswood Drive, Crawley, West Sussex, RH11 8JE
Saint Michael's Catholic High School
High Elms Lane, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD25 0SS
Norbury High School for Girls
Kensington Avenue, Thornton Heath, Surrey, CR7 8BT
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London