We require a Teacher of History to join our successful Academy and we are looking for someone who is passionate about teaching engaging lessons.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to develop, plan and deliver effective and high-quality learning experiences to all students
- Be a newly qualified or experienced teacher who is enthusiastic, influential and committed to working in pursuit of success for the academy and its learners
Orleans Park is a successful and oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive that serves its local community in Twickenham with over 1,350 students. The dedicated staff work hard to ensure students are successful and leave as responsible citizens and confident individuals.
What Orleans Park has to offer:
- a commitment to the professional development of all its staff to become outstanding teachers and leaders
- fortnightly CPD sessions
- Sixth Form in dedicated buildings and facilities
- employee assistance programme – supporting staff wellbeing
- situated on a 16-acre site close to the River Thames and the centre of Twickenham in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames. The borough is home to the attractions of Richmond Park, Kew Gardens, Hampton Court Palace and Twickenham Stadium.
- easy access to central London and excellent transport links for bus, train, Underground and Overground services
- close to the M3/M4/M25 with staff parking on site
- staff travel card loans
If you are interested in this position, please do apply today. We look forward to receiving your application.
Applications are shortlisted for interview as they are received so early application is encouraged and we reserve the right to commence the interview process and close the vacancy prior to this date.
Closing date for applications: 10am on Monday 26 February 2024
Orleans Park is committed to continuing to make diversity, equity, and inclusion part of everything we do – from how we educate our students to how we support our staff. Ensuring that we are always recruiting, retaining and promoting a diverse mix of colleagues who are representative of the diversity in our local communities gives us a great opportunity to have access to a broad range of ideas and allows us to provide an outstanding education to our young people and an outstanding place for people to work.
In line with the statutory guidance document Keeping Children Safe in Education (2023) the school will conduct online searches after the shortlisting process for any candidates who accept an invitation to interview. The appointment is subject to satisfactory pre-employment clearances including references, medical clearance and an enhanced DBS Disclosure. Orleans Park is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are an equal opportunities employer.
The governors and staff of Orleans Park fully recognise the contribution they make to safeguarding children. We recognise that all staff, including volunteers, have a full and active part to play in protecting our students
All staff and governors believe our school is a place where students feel secure, are encouraged to talk, are listened to and are safe. We shall provide a caring, positive, safe and stimulating environment that promotes
the social, physical and moral development of the individual child.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Visas cannot be sponsored.