Teacher of History
Outwood Academy Easingwold, York
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
We are delighted to be making an appointment for the position of Teacher of History for our high achieving 11-18 academy in North Yorkshire - Outwood Academy Easingwold. This position is a full-time permanent appointment.
Our academies offer a high quality of education for our students and excellent career progression and training for staff. Our driving ambition is Students First: Raising Standards and Transforming Lives.
This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, enthusiastic and inspiring classroom practitioner to join our Family of Schools and work with us as part of the team who rapidly transforms the school to one that offers outstanding provision and is school of choice in its community. Applications are invited for those with experience of teaching History or newly qualified teachers. An excellent knowledge and understanding of the subject is essential. You should possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of our students and share our single goal of ‘students first’
You will contribute to an atmosphere of respect, recognition, optimism, celebration and mutual support in the school which promotes equality within, and values the diversity of the school community.
Outwood Grange Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
The Academy benefits from being part of the Outwood Family of Schools and you will be joining a highly innovative, inspirational and successful organisation. The Trust guarantees every member of staff CPD and development opportunities and various routes for career progression.
For further information and to apply, please go to: www.outwood.com >Vacancies. Alternatively, you can contact Giselle Gilchrist, HR Assistant, directly by email email@example.com
Closing date for applications is: 28th January 2020 at midday
Interviews on: 3rd February 2020
Essential educational requirements
An appropriate qualification in History to degree level.
Teaching qualification together with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
Essential skills and experience
- A strong and secure subject knowledge in History up to GCSE level
- Awareness of the strategies available for improving the learning and achievement of all students
- A good understanding of curriculum developments in the specific subject area
- Recent and relevant teaching experience in employment or training
- Experience of assessment at Key Stage 3 and 4
- Able to use a range of teaching and learning strategies
- An understanding for how Assessment for Learning can improve student performance
- Confidence in the use of standard computer packages (word processing, email and spreadsheets) and how these can be used to enhance student learning
- Able to use student level data to raise standards
- Able to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a team
- Creative in problem solving together with willingness to take on and try new approaches and ideas
The Trust guarantees every member of staff CPD and development opportunities and various routes for career progression.More on how to apply
|School size||650 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Outwood Academy Easingwold website (opens in a new window)|
About Outwood Academy Easingwold
York Road, York, YO61 3EF