Teacher of History
We are a successful selective Academy Trust school and are seeking to appoint an inspirational teacher of History to join our innovative department in September 2020.
We are looking for a teacher with an enthusiasm for History and the post is suited to new entrants to the profession as well as more experienced teachers.
We have an excellent reputation for success and we offer:
• Intelligent highly motivated students
• A school renowned for the friendliness of its staff room and the potential of its students
• Opportunity to work in a supportive, friendly and forward thinking environment
• An extensive range of extracurricular activities for you to get involved with
If you’re interested in joining our professional and friendly team, then please visit our website www.poolegrammar.com and complete the online application form. Full details about the position can also be found online.
Poole Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS application. Poole Grammar School also promotes equal opportunities for its workforce.
Essential educational requirements
Good degree in an appropriate History related discipline
Qualified teacher status
Essential skills and experience
• An ability to lead and inspire pupils of all abilities
• Ability to establish clear expectations and constructive working relationships amongst staff and students
• An ability to motivate and encourage participation in History both inside and outside the classroom
• Proven communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
• An ability to work effectively as part of a team but also to be able to work independently
• ICT competence
About Poole Grammar School
- Gravel Hill, Poole, Dorset, BH17 9JU
- Poole Grammar School website (opens in a new window)